• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Najer's zen twins.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I tried one last time after a 24 hour time out with the Timor and feel really bad as the mimic has two large splits in it's tail now!
It took me 45 minutes to isolate it in the cube again, trap set.
Before, no after pic yet, it is back to acting normally and grazing. :)

DSC_0004 (1024x728) (2).jpg

As I watched the fish during those 45 minutes it became more and more obvious that non of the fish really like the Timor and they all seem to like the mimic and were trying to get in the way of the wrasse, I won't miss it.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not caught the wrasse yet, the one shot I had it got out before the door fully closed, told you it was fast!
I'm stupid!
I decided to glue a couple of acros in place after a couple of adult beverages, I picked the spot for the "brown" acro as soon as the scape was done, it was moved about 4 inches from where it was colouring up nicely, I flow stripped it over night and am really annoyed with myself.
The artifical rock is there as a flow blocker now until I move it.
These were taken 3 minutes apart, the first is under 4 T5s and the second under 6.

DSC_0004 (1024x730).jpg

DSC_0009 (1024x738).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been trying to remember if I swore about 15 minutes ago, I don't think I did ! ;)

Techically I caught the wrasse about 16 minutes ago!
There are 3 small holes in the door of the trap, it managed to wriggle out somehow! ;Facepalm
Netting now glued in place and trap back in.

Guess that is that for today, I might rotate the trap and catch the flame angel and rotate her into the cube.

Fragtacular Sale
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is my favorite internet fish lol :)
Thanks, I am not allowed favourites in case certain fish see something else I typed!
It is the biggest fish in the tank, 4 inches plus and is about number 4 on the pecking order!
I interact with it the most in the tank with head and hand signals because it is very easily spooked, my little mate!
This is "ok" usually because I nod my head up once to show that I am going to stand up, or I could be mental?! ;)

DSC_0001 (1024x683).jpg

LRT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks, I am not allowed favourites in case certain fish see something else I typed!
It is the biggest fish in the tank, 4 inches plus and is about number 4 on the pecking order!
I interact with it the most in the tank with head and hand signals because it is very easily spooked, my little mate!
This is "ok" usually because I nod my head up once to show that I am going to stand up, or I could be mental?! ;)

DSC_0001 (1024x683).jpg
Wow man she is beautiful hope its not a boy and doesn't get offended lol!
You have to be a little bit crazy to be in this hobby I suppose.
It sounds more like your just in the zone and the force is with you. I'm finding if I don't stay connected and in the zone. Bad things happen.
Really good job with this fish. Your reef is amazing :)

LRT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
absolutly agree ,or we are both mental" good possibility" but also train fish w signals for decades ;) :cool:
Lol my shrooms haven't spoken back and don't take to hand gestures far as I can tell.
I'm going the telepathy route with them. I will be honest after staring at some of them long enough I do start feeling a little psychedelic. I believe that may be them trying to communicate :)

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Lol my shrooms haven't spoken back and don't take to hand gestures far as I can tell.
I'm going the telepathy route with them. I will be honest after staring at some of them long enough I do start feeling a little psychedelic. I believe that may be them trying to communicate :)
Serious, keep your mental voice down and smile! ;)

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Do you have any "bully fish" in your tank?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 94 56.3%
  • NO bullies just misunderstood...

Votes: 60 35.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 13 7.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Octo Aquatics - Custom Acrylic Products