Najer's zen twins.

OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_20210612_153519.jpg

Mango(kids name lol) is so fast, I have to guess where it's going to be... Even then it's still hit and miss on quality

I miss having a baby tang. :)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Been missing the grubby puddle. One of my favorite tanks! I borrowed this pic awhile back….
F9CF5610-FE0A-4A89-B84D-B80515EBA7C5.jpeg

Thanks, that was convict one, Poto, he got cut by a naso in the twins, nearly recovered from a bacterial infection and then a few months later died overnight, first pic I have seen him in since he died, I still can't look at pics of him I have on the laptop. :)

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Miss having a baby tang, "baby" scopas is near a two inch fish now, you are the first person I have ever seen feed a baby tang properly, my hat is off to you sir. :)
If you feed a tang right from when they are little, it makes them bulletproof later on.

My des tang was 1” when I got it years ago. Feed it everything it could eat for a month, then qt’d and it has made 7 tank moves, 5 states and is as thick as can be. Amazing what proper nutrition when little will do for them later in life.

OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If you feed a tang right from when they are little, it makes them bulletproof later on.

My des tang was 1” when I got it years ago. Feed it everything it could eat for a month, then qt’d and it has made 7 tank moves, 5 states and is as thick as can be. Amazing what proper nutrition when little will do for them later in life.

Every time I see baby tangs at my lfs, like one inch and smaller I want to buy them all and give them a decent start in captivity, all a baby tang want to do is eat and not get eaten, my lfs gets loads of babies and I often wonder how they get on being fed frozen crap long term.

First Choice
Corals.com
BRS

Do you take notice when your coral starts stretching or shrinking?

• YES and usually there is a probem

Votes: 81 65.3%
  • YES but I never have a problem

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • NO

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 7.3%
AVAST