OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 pieces of this and this piece is in higher light and flow and is getting taller, I need to move the other bits. :)

DSC_0618 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my water is not clear, yes I am still losing sps, 2 bags of carbon running the big sinularia appears to have finished sheding today, I put the cave gobies in with only a little research, non of it said they act like they have with me, basically they have set off a mini cycle.
Meh!

DSC09780 (1024x554).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is under general maintenance, most acros are letting go, time to get back to the basics, the cave gobies are here to stay, my bad, this is the first time in four years something has dealt out more than the "system" can cope with I feel humbled, I am so sad for the animals I have lost over the past month or so.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I frickin' love music, I don't function without it! :)

Just turn the knob at max and lean back in your chair. Good if you look at the tank too :)

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time i heard that song - i just could see the albatross sailing around - First and only time I have seen with my ears !!!

I was 18 years old - did not like that type of music but it just blow me away up in the sky

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time i heard that song - i just could see the albatross sailing around - First and only time I have seen with my ears !!!

I was 18 years old - did not like that type of music but it just blow me away up in the sky

Sincerely Lasse

When you absorb music, a lot of feeling in that track! :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally decided on the position of the finger rock yesterday, first monti moved into place and the chalice placed in slightly less light.

DSC_0638 (1024x697).jpg

Where the front touches the branch below it is a flat area, I am going to place one of the LA Lakers bits there. :)

DSC_0641 (1024x683).jpg

DSC_0643 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be watching this for bleaching, from the front.
I have 3 or 4 bits of this growing out but this was the piece in the highest light already.
I am a sucker for nice shaped frags, 4 inch piece now. ;)
I have 4 more colours to add around it but a couple need moving to more light first. :)

DSC_0648 (1024x710).jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my water is not clear, yes I am still losing sps, 2 bags of carbon running the big sinularia appears to have finished sheding today, I put the cave gobies in with only a little research, non of it said they act like they have with me, basically they have set off a mini cycle.
Meh!

DSC09780 (1024x554).jpg

Simon I’m so sorry for your problems, safe to say we all feel your pain :( I couldn’t believe how fast my tank went down hill when my Talbots started their digging spree and I only have like a inch of sand, makes me want to go bare bottom!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simon I’m so sorry for your problems, safe to say we all feel your pain :( I couldn’t believe how fast my tank went down hill when my Talbots started their digging spree and I only have like a inch of sand, makes me want to go bare bottom!

Thanks, basically they have managed to get all my leathers to sulk and shed at the same time, I thought the system was pretty robust, the carbon is helping and things are slowing down.
I never felt smug, it is what it is, I do feel humbled, I designed the system, something I added shifted the balance, a few corals and my clam have been removed, I had to up the flow to clean the leathers.
Once it settles I will find a direction to go, it won't be acros!

DSC09798 (1024x687).jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, basically they have managed to get all my leathers to sulk and shed at the same time, I thought the system was pretty robust, the carbon is helping and things are slowing down.
I never felt smug, it is what it is, I do feel humbled, I designed the system, something I added shifted the balance, a few corals and my clam have been removed, I had to up the flow to clean the leathers.
Once it settles I will find a direction to go, it won't be acros!

DSC09798 (1024x687).jpg

Despite your struggles the tank looks amazing! I have resisted leathers in my new reef because of bad past experiences with some of them, they can pollute a tank very quickly when mad. Carbon should help a lot, I personally think it‘s only really effective for a few days at best so IMO it needs to be replaced frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back