Name your favorite high end coral online retailer

BTB117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for high end online retailers as I am an LPS collector. Please list your favorites!

So far I like AquaSD and Cornrbed. There must be many more :)

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we are talking lps WWC prices are high but they got quality stuff. All the sps gotten directly from them I still have some I’ve had for 4 years. Same with fox I still have a lot of the stuff I ordered 4-5 years ago he has a good variety of different corals!

If you’re in the market for sps Adam @Battlecorals is an awesome vendor! By far my favorite out of all of them.

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shop with Jason Fox and WWC on their respective sites a good bit and I like it. I’ve also ordered from BSA corals a couple times and I’m happy.

I don’t like shopping with cornbred at all honestly. I saw red bugs on his jaw dropper “colony” a couple years ago(his own pics) and when I sent a PM about it to him he deleted the mother colony pic and didn’t respond. If I’m looking to spend $1000+ I expect some level of customer service. Besides, most of his stuff is just renamed middle of the road frags. Example, CB OMG acro is a $200+ extremely saturated PC Rainbow acro.
As a collector, that’s insulting.

Edit, found the pic I had screen capped

89EB3826-998D-4292-94E8-0EBBC17AAFEF.jpeg

Last edited:

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cornbread sucks. Most saturates pics. Super expensive and by far the smallest frags ever. I like wwc and jfox
Every CB coral I have I got through my buddy who runs his own farm. I feel like if you’re buying direct you’re supporting a bad trend in this hobby. I’m not cheap it has nothing to do with that. If I’m paying $100-300 per frag I expect to get a average size frag look somewhat like original WYSIWYG picture not a 3 polyp pen head lol.

Last edited:

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shop with Jason Fox and WWC on their respective sites a good bit and I like it. I’ve also ordered from BSA corals a couple times and I’m happy.

I don’t like shopping with cornbred at all honestly. I saw red bugs on his jaw dropper “colony” a couple years ago(his own pics) and when I sent a PM about it to him he deleted the mother colony pic and didn’t respond. If I’m looking to spend $1000+ I expect some level of customer service. Besides, most of his stuff is just renamed middle of the road frags. Example, CB OMG acro is a $200+ extremely saturated PC Rainbow acro.
As a collector, that’s insulting.

Edit, found the pic I had screen capped

89EB3826-998D-4292-94E8-0EBBC17AAFEF.jpeg
That's a colony???? Lol. That dudes crazy. Andover the over saturated glow in the background.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for high end online retailers as I am an LPS collector. Please list your favorites!

So far I like AquaSD and Cornrbed. There must be many more :)
I find AquaSD to be highly over saturated pics as well. Major disappointment on a LTA I purchased. Very healthy and doing great, but even at 20K , no coloration like the pics online.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be a standard where all pictures are taken under 10k coloration. I ordered a Jason Fox Red roses and Hot pepper monti cap. Looks absolutely nothing like the website with no color even on day number 1. Not even close. I am sticking with cultivated reef, chaos aquaculture, wwc, and aquasd. The best deals are your local reefers and local stores. I just got a rock with a hundred purple shrooms on it for 50 dollars. Try getting that online!!!

OP
OP
B

BTB117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other stores to checkout? Not interested in responses advising to go to my LFS; that wasn’t the focus of the OP :)

I’m looking for the ballers like JF and CB that have fire!!

I’m shocked there are so few and not many more local growers selling online.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back