Names and prices? 2 pieces...

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2019
Messages
8,288
Reaction score
7,658
Location
Puyallup, Wa USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I call one Kenya tree and the other one i call wavy hand? Yes? Lol.
What are these called these days and how much are they?
I think the red wavy hand is a little more rare? Thank you for your input
D

20220213_205947.jpg 20220213_205955.jpg 20220213_210001.jpg 20220213_210008.jpg
 
Kind of hard to make them out on my phone but I’d say Kenya tree and Anthelia (not sure what types). Neither are relatively expensive. Definitely on the lower end of what most corals cost. We’ll have to see if anyone agrees or has a different opinion.
 
Kind of hard to make them out on my phone but I’d say Kenya tree and Anthelia (not sure what types). Neither are relatively expensive. Definitely on the lower end of what most corals cost. We’ll have to see if anyone agrees or has a different opinion.
At first glance I thought the red one was anthelia also, but upon looking closer, I’m not so sure. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anthelia with such a thick base/stem, it’s usually more matting (but I’ve not kept a lot of anthelias, learned my lesson many years ago). The color is also a little off for anthelia. It almost looks more like a lot of the ‘Japanese leathers’ that I suspect are Neptheas, I’ve got a little green one with reddish polyps. If that’s what it is, it’s worth maybe $100-$150, but would need to see more pictures to properly identify (if you have a macro lense, a close up of the polyps, and also the stalk/stem would help). The Kenya tree is worth maybe $10-$20.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new