Nano AIO Refugium in chamber?

BrianAnthony

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
270
Reaction score
447
Location
Reading PA, USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have an all in one with one of their chambers lit with macroalgae? If so, how successful is it in controlling nitrates??
 
Yes, there are many nano refugiums successfully running. It's not just the refugium, though - there are other aspects of the tank that you need to monitor, ie: filtration, flow, feeding, etc.
 
When I first started up my tank the refugium grew chaeto well but as my tank matured, it stopped growing. I do think my stock level is relatively high for a 25g (6 fish) but with only protein skimmer, once a day feedings, and weekly 20% water changes my average nitrates are just under 10ppm and my phosphates are around 0.04ppm
 
When I first started up my tank the refugium grew chaeto well but as my tank matured, it stopped growing. I do think my stock level is relatively high for a 25g (6 fish) but with only protein skimmer and once a day feedings my average nitrates are just under 10ppm and my phosphates are around 0.04ppm
I find my nitrates either going up or going down. Granted, it's a 12.5 gallon so stability is always an issue. I was wondering if I convert a chamber into a fuge if that may put a little more stability in the system.
 
I find my nitrates either going up or going down. Granted, it's a 12.5 gallon so stability is always an issue. I was wondering if I convert a chamber into a fuge if that may put a little more stability in the system.
How old is the tank? It wasn’t until it reached the one year mark until mine finally stabilized
 
I had one for a while and it worked too good for me. I ended up taking it offline due to bottom out nutrients. I used the IM Chaetomax light with the Intank caddie.

Cheato.jpg
Cheato_Pack.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new