Nano LIV reef

Beauha

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
97
Reaction score
63
Location
San Diego CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, been running a nano LIV reef for 8 months now. Basically pulled it out of the box and threw a old Kessil A80 on it.

IMG_1441.jpeg IMG_1442.jpeg IMG_1440.jpeg IMG_1444.jpeg
 
That's a cool little orb! What's the total volume? And is there a heating pad under it, or does it run at room temp?
 
All of the filtration is in the back white tower. I take around plastic fish dipper of water out, flush it once with another dipper to suspend detritus, then take out a second dipper, then refill every day at work (5x a week). Takes about 5 min a day. Easily doable at home.
 
LIV betta bowl. There’s a built in pump which circulates water from a grate in the bottom, up through the filter in the back, and then back up through a tall rerun in the middle. I filled that back tower with bio media. I placed the big shell (the “structure”) over the return, so there is some flow, but it is minuscule. And none of the coral seem to care at all
 
No heating pad, I’m in San Diego, so the heat is scarier than the cold.
Also, in my experience, it’s temperature swings that kill coral, and nanos are ripe for that. I’ve been privileged enough to dive in some epic spots, once you are 20 feet down, water temps are often around 70 F, not everywhere of course, but erring on the colder end has never killed my stuff like heat does
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new