Nano/pico fish help

Jamison Daniel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there guys I have a 10 gallon tank with a 10 gallon sump and I was wondering what kind of fish you guys would recommend for a tank of this size? I really like blennies and I also really like dragonetts. What are some sweet pico/nano fish you guys have kept? Looking for something unique.

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flaming prawn goby!
Awesome little cryptic fish. They like to hide, but if you set up your aquascape just right you can still see them during the day. They have a great little dance to them.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont go for dragonets. Blennies are mostly ok. Sometime they eat polyps (zoa in particular) if not well fed. Gobies will provide largest collection (clown goby, citrion goby), smaller clown will be ok. so is firefish (but its stretching, and they do better in groups). Frogfish can be an option (if you like them).

Sexy shrimp, pom pom crab are some non-fish choices , that I personally like a lot.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont go for dragonets. Blennies are mostly ok. Sometime they eat polyps (zoa in particular) if not well fed. Gobies will provide largest collection (clown goby, citrion goby), smaller clown will be ok. so is firefish (but its stretching, and they do better in groups). Frogfish can be an option (if you like them).

Sexy shrimp, pom pom crab are some non-fish choices , that I personally like a lot.
Most of the nano blenny species will not pick at corals at all.

Firefish DO NOT do better in groups in captivity. They gradually kill conspecifics, unless they are a bonded pr.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree for sure. I don't believe a dragonet would do well as minimum tank size is ~30g.

OP
OP
Jamison Daniel

Jamison Daniel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for all of the information I'm thinking about getting a large barnacle in my 10 gallon and then get like 2-3 barnacle blennies. But i don't know. What do you guys think about dwarf seahorses?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf sea horses require less flow. If you do a macro algae tank that will fit nicely with sea horses . Coral general require higher flow

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back