nano protein skimmer suggestions?

lazycouch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2020
Messages
558
Reaction score
229
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone. i am looking for some advice on a good protein skimmer for a 10 gallon aio tank? does anyone have experience with a hob or in tank protein skimmer in a tank this small? if so what would you recommend? it is currently my frogfishes tank but i plan on making it a frag tank as well. thanks for any help!
 
Good question. I have been looking into this as well. I like the design of the IceCap K-1 nano and am leaning that way, but interested in other opinions.
 
Same:
Ice cap K-1 or K2-50
 
I would opt for a refugium in the chamber where you planned to put the skimmer in, and forget the skimmer.
Put a Tunze underwater refugium LED in the chamber and some chaeto and you're good to go.

Nano skimmers are a hassle (adjusting, cleaning, not that efficient) and noisy. Forget the stories "mine is quiet". They aren't.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new