Temp- 26 dc
Alkalinity- 9.9
Calcium- 430
Magnesium- 1380
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 7
Phosphate- 0

Will I now be in the 2nd stage of cycle now? If so how long will this last? I’m dosing Red Sea algae prevention. Water change tomorrow 10%

ADD44BA5-7243-4E36-8464-F6CBE13A7388.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your tank is doing fine. 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite (and some nitrate) typically means you have your bacteria established for the nitrogen cycle

Alsp, I'd stop dosing nopox for the time being. There are numerous reasons why I would not be dosing that at the moment (0 phosphate assuming your test is accurate: 0.03-0.1 is the safe range in a lot of tanks). I also am not sure how good that skimmer is. If you keep your nitrate there and have some phosphate, and the skimmer is pulling out lots off crud, then maybe continue with a very small dose

OP
OP
J

jamie88smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your tank is doing fine. 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite (and some nitrate) typically means you have your bacteria established for the nitrogen cycle

Alsp, I'd stop dosing nopox for the time being. There are numerous reasons why I would not be dosing that at the moment (0 phosphate assuming your test is accurate: 0.03-0.1 is the safe range in a lot of tanks). I also am not sure how good that skimmer is. If you keep your nitrate there and have some phosphate, and the skimmer is pulling out lots off crud, then maybe continue with a very small dose
I’ve wanted to change this skimmer but just can’t find one for my tank any recommendations? I will keep recording data for now I don’t plan on putting coral in until August anyhow

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve wanted to change this skimmer but just can’t find one for my tank any recommendations? I will keep recording data for now I don’t plan on putting coral in until August anyhow

Eshopps and tunze make some in tank magnetic and stick on the back like a powerhead) and hob skimmers. Icecap also makes some. The iceacap nano skimmers might fit in the back. If the skimmer you have is pulling out sludge, then I am not as concerned. I just get cautious with new tank owners dosing nopox as, if the skimmer stops working or you overdose, it can lead to bacterial blooms.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back