Nano Reef Help

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m creating a nano 32.5g bowfront lps and soft coral tank, and I’m wondering what tips you guys have. I am somewhat of a beginner, but have a lot of knowledge IMO, and may be able to be considered an intermediate depending on how this setup goes.

THINGS ABOUT THE TANK:
I’m going to add a 10g sump, have a refugium, a lot of swimming room for fish (a build with a lot of rock surface area but not a lot of rock weight), strong lights put to a dim setting so if I want to try and add sps I can, and I’m doing research trying to find the best dwarf angelfish, wrasse, or just any really colorful fish for my tank. The tank is also 32.5”x15.75”x15.25” (LxWxH).

Frisk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked cool and budget. It’s the Fluval Flex, so it also had a lot of built in stuff.
Your plan sounds pretty good but I would recommend spending a bit extra and ditching the bow front. I had a 9g fluval flex and the glass is such a pain to clean and work with in general.

For fish the only wrasse that could fit would be a pink streaked wrasse or a possum wrasse I could be wrong about that though. .
I don't know much about dwarf angels but some other ideas might be a firefish, clowns, gobies etc i'm sure you've heard it all before.

Although I do highly recommend a small group of Masked Gobies they're very small, swim together, and are just beautiful little fish.

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks a little small for an angel - and it always runs a risk of nipping corals.

A good coral to start with would be Hammer Corals, Acans or Duncan’s

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked cool and budget. It’s the Fluval Flex, so it also had a lot of built in stuff.
They are definitely unique but IMO any curved tanks are unpractical to a degree. Because it is bent, it can often mess with your vision as you are looking into the tank. That being said, this does not mean that its a bad tank, especially if youre on a budget and found something cheap.

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are definitely unique but IMO any curved tanks are unpractical to a degree. Because it is bent, it can often mess with your vision as you are looking into the tank. That being said, this does not mean that its a bad tank, especially if youre on a budget and found something cheap.
I had a 36g bow front aquarium for a while and I can agree that it was slightly annoying to clean algae off the front. Not the biggest issue in the world but does add some time to your cleaning routine.

When you do your aqua scape, make sure you have enough room in the front to comfortably fit your hand/arm so you can clean the glass down the road.

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sixline in the same tank. Also consider blennies, they are super funny!
I actually love the tank. Only complain is that it is difficult to take pics with the bowfront like that. One day I will upgrade to a 100g shallow tank and use the flex for other stuff.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back