nano/reef tank

deepsix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new at this and have seen people talk about reef tanks and nano tanks? What is the difference between the two. Thanks

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano tanks are just a small sized tank, i.e. 20 gallons. There is no "real" definition on what constitutes as a "nano tank", but in my opinion it would be something less than 45 gallons.

A nano tank doesn't have to be a reef tank, but many times the people who build the tanks seem to include everything needed to make the tank into a reef tank. Some examples of what I'm talking about are the "nano cube" and "biocube" tanks.

A large reef tank is a lot of work, whereas a small nano tank is still expensive and work, but it could end up costing a lot less to set up a nano over a 90 gallon reef.

ZOABOY

Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had big tanks and nano tanks, Go nano IMO! They are fun and easy to take care of.

Brian

neseypooh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In our house we started with a 29g biocube, which I have loved and taken care of since. It looks great and it has been easy to take care of. That being said, we soon did add a 90g reef a month or two later. I love them both, the big tank has more room = more stuff = more expense. It can really depend on the budget:bigsmile:

Back