OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a pretty nice little set up. I really like my AI Prime light as well.
When I was shopping I compared the Biocube, Red Sea Nano, the IM 20 & 25 and decided to go with the waterbox. I haven’t been sorry. Great quality build, simple set up, and like I said previously it’s super easy to maintain. Hope that helps!! Good Luck with your search :)
Thanks for the information. I like what I see in the WaterBox. The Biocube is nice but the 16 is a little smaller than I want and the 32 is too big. The Red Sea is just too pricey. Right now I'm kind of between the IM and the WaterBox.

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
It’s a pretty nice little set up. I really like my AI Prime light as well.
When I was shopping I compared the Biocube, Red Sea Nano, the IM 20 & 25 and decided to go with the waterbox. I haven’t been sorry. Great quality build, simple set up, and like I said previously it’s super easy to maintain. Hope that helps!! Good Luck with your search :)
I found the Waterbox Cube 20 with the AI Prime light and arm mount for $379 with free shipping at saltwateraquarium.com. I can easily find a stand for that (or make one myself) and be under my $500. Obviously I have to add rock/sand and stock, but that was never part of the initial budget anyway. I might have to pull the trigger on that. I looked at some other 20 gallon setups and that is a good size for where I am putting the tank. Hopefully I can get it soon and start a build thread.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I don't like about the Waterbox is the company name etched in the glass. I don't want their advertising in my face. On a stand is ok but not on the glass for me.

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I don't like about the Waterbox is the company name etched in the glass. I don't want their advertising in my face. On a stand is ok but not on the glass for me.
Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with that I must admit. Maybe on the side would be OK. In the end it didn't stop me from getting it, but I did find it a bit self-serving.

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did pull the trigger on the WaterBox Cube 20 with the AI HD Prime light. I was able to get that, along with 2 filter socks for $397 (free shipping). I will look for a stand over the weekend. I don't feel like I want to pay for the stand specifically made for this unit. They just seem overpriced for what you get. If push comes to shove I can build one myself. If I want to hold to my budget (I laugh as I type that) then I have $100 to work with. I will also start looking at rock. For my 90 I used BRS Reef Saver dry live rock. It obviously took longer to cycle but I am 16 months in on that and it is covered in coralline algae. The live rock at my LFS is $8/lb and for the price difference I can wait. Once I get the tank, stand and rock I will start a build thread and add a link here (if I can figure that out). Oh, and I suppose I should tell my wife that I bought it, since she has no idea I was even looking!

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a funny sticker to put over the logo.
FAS.JPG

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did start a build thread for this tank, but I have no idea how to add the link here. It is in Forums/Member's Aquarium Discussion/Member Tanks. Anyone know how to add the link?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back