Nano tank skimmer

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

so I’m doing a 2nd tank build water box nano. I want to use a skimmer with this tank but the filtration maybe Too small to use one. Does anyone know of a small quality skimmer that would work with the water box nanos? Interested in thoughts. Thanks !

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze Comline fits the 10 gallon. The cup sits below the tankline. Mounts and adjusts with a magnet to desired skimate. Set and forget.
Is that one of the best ones for a nano tank? What about the aquamaxx NF1 or reef glass skimmer ?

brooks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t say if it’s the best, just what I am using. It’s works well, with no fuss, and for all purposes invisible which is important to me.

Thoughts on the other two. The AquaMaxx is as tall as the aquarium. (10 gallon h20 box) Depending on the required water height, if it needs raised, the cup may be above the back glass. Removing the cup may require swiveling a light mount if you have a gooseneck or something in that area. All of that may not be an issue for you visually speaking. Looks nice though and probably works fine.

The reef glass are certainly cool. If I were to drop that kinda coin on that style skimmer I’d put it in the display. They take up minimal space. You could keep an eye on it since they require a little attention and it would free up the center chamber for ruble rock, bio media, etc...For me the air pump sound would be an issue. I would probably spend a couple hours figuring out how to silence the pump.

You could always diy one yourself.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back