Nano tank

bryan oestreich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to start a 20g nano reef tank. I have ran a 60g before and understand saltwater keeping. Big question is I dont have access to rodi water unless I drive 45min and dont plan to hook a system up in home. Was wondering if distilled or just RO water would be good or will cause to many problems?

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the distilled water from Walmart. Haven’t seen any issues. It’s RO, ozinated and then distilled per the label. Not sure what the TDS are. I finally gave in and bought an RODI from BRS. I got tired of hauling jugs each week.

OP
OP
bryan oestreich

bryan oestreich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the distilled water from Walmart. Haven’t seen any issues. It’s RO, ozinated and then distilled per the label. Not sure what the TDS are. I finally gave in and bought an RODI from BRS. I got tired of hauling jugs each week.
Ya I just dont see getting a system for 5 gallons a week. I can easily grabbed that grocery shopping each week so I'm gonna go an give it a try. Thanks. I dont plan to use any filtering other than live rock so I'm thinking 30lb should be enough with 25lb of live sand as well

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%

Back