Nano UV sterilizer

Brad Coughlan

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2023
Messages
754
Reaction score
212
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I am currently looking at uv sterilzer options for a 20gallon (85litre) nano reef tank

I have found one that I am about to purchase that has a 5w bulb and pumps 500 litres per hour, it is suitable to up to 100 litre tanks

I am wondering if a 5w bulb is powerful enough, and I am also unsure about if it is suitable for saltwater tanks since it doesn't mention anything about saltwater tanks, not sure if this matters but I just want to be sure.

Thanks
 
IM do UV for nano tanks, they are excellent, if they don’t fit your tank you probably can adapt it to fit,, I removed the sleeve, placed the bulb in one of the back chambers, worked great.

As for your questions, 5w maybe a little low, think the IM is 9w, as to whether it’s suited to water, no one here can tell you that without knowing the product you are talking about.
 
IM do UV for nano tanks, they are excellent, if they don’t fit your tank you probably can adapt it to fit,, I removed the sleeve, placed the bulb in one of the back chambers, worked great.

As for your questions, 5w maybe a little low, think the IM is 9w, as to whether it’s suited to water, no one here can tell you that without knowing the product you are talking about.
It is designed for freshwater aquariums so does this mean it'll work for saltwater?
 
It is designed for freshwater aquariums so does this mean it'll work for saltwater?
If it’s designed to go in water, then I can’t see why it wouldn’t work in saltwater…I thought you were unsure if it was water safe, saying that salt water is much more damaging then fresh water so with it being electric I would want the manufacturer to answer that question to be 100% safe, yes it’ll work but it’s the safety aspect you need to be concerned with.
 
1689124171482.png

Here is the amazon page for it, not sure if the brand is that well known
 
1689124171482.png

Here is the amazon page for it, not sure if the brand is that well known
I would use it…where does it say it’s for fresh water?

Amazon have a few of these uv bulbs sold by different sellers, some show the uv in salt water, whether it’s a good uv is a different question, I use uv, wouldn’t be without one.
 
I would use it…where does it say it’s for fresh water?

Amazon have a few of these uv bulbs sold by different sellers, some show the uv in salt water, whether it’s a good uv is a different question, I use uv, wouldn’t be without one.
Thanks for the help

I just assumed it was for freshwater, however it didn't actually mentioned what is was for
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new