Naperville area

slonkeydonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any Xenia or quick beginner corals they are trying to get rid of? I’m willing to drive a decent amount. I bought a bio cube with the stand for a 100 bucks on marketplace which was pretty wild. I’m stocking it rn, just looking for a first coral to hopefully cover the whole back of the tank. I’m new to the saltwater side and think it would be cool to get this thread and reef club to be a real community.

Bkatz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go to Blue Line Coral in Naperville or Reef Plus in Aurora. Either shop has solid coral prices and will help you with your first picks. Buying or gifting from other local tanks may introduce something into you system that you don't want. Not saying shops don't have issues, but they are constantly checking for flat worms, aphasia, ect. Building a relationship with a local shop is a good start, for a new tank.

OP
OP
S

slonkeydonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go to Blue Line Coral in Naperville or Reef Plus in Aurora. Either shop has solid coral prices and will help you with your first picks. Buying or gifting from other local tanks may introduce something into you system that you don't want. Not saying shops don't have issues, but they are constantly checking for flat worms, aphasia, ect. Building a relationship with a local shop is a good start, for a new tank.
Preciate it my guy. What is your go to fish spot?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with going to Blue Line!! Dan is amazing and will definitely get you started on the right foot!

(I knew him when he lived in the Houston area, great guy!)

OP
OP
S

slonkeydonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have a macro algae tank, I want to know if I can grow blue hypnea, red Pom Pom, red ogo, and dragons breathe together. I just want a lot of variety. The light is an AI prime, is a 6 gallon shallow display, has an AIO style filter.

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a hammer or two, a few toadstools or kenya trees I can give ya on the cheap. My GSP is still growing out but me more than happy when that grows out a bit.
25 for hammer, 10-15 for toadstool, 10 for kenya.
I'm out in Hanover park.

*edit, also some Pavona, 10 bucks

OP
OP
S

slonkeydonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a hammer or two, a few toadstools or kenya trees I can give ya on the cheap. My GSP is still growing out but me more than happy when that grows out a bit.
I'm out in Hanover park.

Thank you for the offer I’m for it for sure. I’d probably do a toad stool and Kenya for sure.

BBGoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out in Hanover park.

Ummm if you are still selling any of those items I would like to purchase... I live in Hoffman and I am just now adding corals.

aceshot85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out in Hanover park.

Do you have any Toadstools left? Ive been looking for a green polyp one.​

aceshot85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any Xenia or quick beginner corals they are trying to get rid of? I’m willing to drive a decent amount. I bought a bio cube with the stand for a 100 bucks on marketplace which was pretty wild. I’m stocking it rn, just looking for a first coral to hopefully cover the whole back of the tank. I’m new to the saltwater side and think it would be cool to get this thread and reef club to be a real community.
I have a bunch of Xenia if you're still looking. And I agree with everyone else about Blue Line. They also have actions all the time. You can get some good corals for cheap. Thats how I got started.

OP
OP
S

slonkeydonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Chicago sunburst right now, and was wondering what the real difference between a rock nem vs a regular long tentacle nem.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back