NARC December meet

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK NARC I will be hosting a get together at my home on Dec. 4th from noon to whenever....

We have enough people for me to Smoke a Boston Butt, I will have the pulled pork ready at 1PM so please arrive hungry. I will be making BBQ sauce again next week and we will all be able to enjoy some grub.
Please let me know if you can bring any of the following items:
Drinks Pepsi Diet Pepsi and DR pepper?????
Folding chairs I forgot these last time and we all had to stand
And of course a good attitude to have some fun.

For the new reefers out there you really need to come and get to know us, we have some very knowledgeable reefers out here and there can be information a plenty.

UPDATE
OK so we will have three things going on........
First we will hold a Blue Elephant exchange, if you want to participate you need to bring one gift wrapped in your most favorite holiday gift wrap that is reef related.... Please NO DEAD FISH or BOTTLES OF SKIMATE. I know how some of you think.....

Second I will have the 55 gallon tank setup for coral sales if you so chose to sell any frags or livestock.

Third, I will have a table setup for people to bring good reef related equipment and the such for a "Garage Sale" Please bring some sticky pads to place item price and name on whatever you bring.

UPDATE I have some news this evening about some killer door prizes and a guess speaker.... Looks like Bonesreef (Brandon) will be available to explain how to raise clown fish fry and he is giving 10 B&W Ocellaris
clowns for free.

I have added the LED's to the 300 gallon display and know some of you wanted to see them in action. I have also added a Bubble Magus dosing pump that I really like, and a Neptune's Apex controller if anyone wants to see one in action.

I hope many more of you guys and gals plan to attend as it has been a while since the last one.

PM me for my address and phone if you don't have it form the February meeting.

Mike

If any of you folks from BARF, MRC, ETRC, CRC and wherever want to drive up or down let me know my home is always open for fun reef related get togethers.....

As it stands now looks like we have the following people coming

Avis (Marcel and Nancy) Coleslaw
Mike_dani (Mike and Dani) Pulled Pork and Sauce
Yerboy (Jason) Plates
Hawkinsrgk (Randy) Coke Diet Coke and Ice Tea
Jason.Tammy(Jason and Tammy) Buns
Wpecoul (Will from Montgomery)
Beaslbob (Bob) Cups
Walkerbrody (Brody RC) Beans
JoeJoe1055 (Assume Joe) Chips
Bonesreef (Brandon) Perc. Clowns
M@ryRuth (Mary and Harry) the best chocolate cake ever
Tomoko Schum (Tomoko)
JoeTSI (RC) Macaroni salad Potato salad
Dasani and his Dad

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another thought anyone with DIY stuff they have built maybe you can bring them and we can see first hand what "it" is and what "it" does.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bobobob? :bigsmile:

If you get really hard up and I can find all my stuff I could attempt to do my how to setup a sump demonstration. But it has been a couple of years.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump or should I say Cricket Cricket where is everyone........I mean the weather is cold and the days are short.

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bob Does your sump demonstration have an algae turf scrubber? :wink: :wink: That would be really cool but that's assuming more than 4 people show up.

Avis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see you all again. It will a great time. I love the idea of the coral swap. I hope I can come up with something someone would really like. I will bring something, maybe desert like a cake?

joejoe1055

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this sounds silly but what is a blue elephant gift exchange?
i might just be sheltered, love to come though

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this sounds silly but what is a blue elephant gift exchange?
i might just be sheltered, love to come though

So what I was thinking is we can do it one of two ways..... Everyone bring a reef related item, anything wrapped up then we all pick a number and you up to a table and pick what you want. Once everyone has picked then there is one round of fun where you decide if you want to keep your unknown present or take someone else.

We can also do it with live stock however the more I think about it I don't think this will work out so good.

I would also like to say this if you have some reef related stuff laying around and we want to have a "garage sale" we can also do that, bring you working used items and put a price on them for sale. If you have some frags you need to sell I can setup my 29 gallon to house them and you can sell them while you are here.

What does everyone think???????

bonesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to come meet everyone and checkout your system. you can add me to the list if ya like.

I think the gift exchange is a great idea...its gets really fun when you can take someone elses gift. My family grew up doing this arond the holidays, it was always a blast. :)

What type of LEDs do you have on your system?

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bones, I have the Reef Brite LEDs on it but only as supplement. I am not 100% LED yet.....

And do you have a first name and how many are coming?

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you mean I don't have to actually bring a blue elephant?

Dern it took so long to find one.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you mean I don't have to actually bring a blue elephant?

Dern it took so long to find one.

Sorry Bobo, I know you were planning on driving up to the Nashville zoo to "borrow" theirs but no you don't have to worry about the deuce and a half truck.......

M@ryRuth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you prefer turnip greens or spinich? OK, I hear you - Choc Sheet Cake, it is.

If you need us to bring anything else just let me know.

Mary Ruth

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you prefer turnip greens or spinich? OK, I hear you - Choc Sheet Cake, it is.

If you need us to bring anything else just let me know.

Mary Ruth

Ah my favorite lady M@ryRuth, Kyleigh asked me if Mary and the old man were going to come and I said I didn't know she then asked if you were bringing some chocolate cake....... I will let her know that you are bringing something special for her she will be so happy.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back