NARC on R2R

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owe many of you an apology for being delayed on this. I should have made this more public a few days ago.
As many people local to the area know we have been attempting to informally restart the North Alabama Reef Club. Our desire is to try and have get together's every month to share experiences and hopefully spread knowledge not to mention having a good time.

To help with this, R2R has been kind enough to create the North Alabama Reef Club banner and give us a private section on the website that we can do some moderating on. My desire is to make as limited use of this private section as possible and keep things open to the general public. It may have some advantages we can take advantage of in the future.

If you live in the greater North Alabama area and are interested in joining the process is fairly simple. It must be done from the website, not the mobile app. Select your profile in the top right of the page and select "Join User Groups". Go down the list until you find the North Alabama Reef Club and join it. This will send a request to me. It may take me a little while to respond but I do try and watch for it.
upload_2018-8-15_9-30-31.png

So, no formal club, no dues, no initiations with paddles. Most importantly, no pressure or obligations.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... as well as no bickering among members!
Bickering wouldn't be classified as fun or informative so I'm good with throwing it out.

Wait.. my teasing @beaslbob doesn't qualify as bickering, does it? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far north? I’m in Mobile. I wouldn’t likely make the meetings but I might could participate somehow. I was one of the founding members of the Mobile Bay Reef Club many years ago. Due to a few hurricanes, a lot of our members got out of the hobby and the club disbanded.

Elizabeth

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far north? I’m in Mobile. I wouldn’t likely make the meetings but I might could participate somehow. I was one of the founding members of the Mobile Bay Reef Club many years ago. Due to a few hurricanes, a lot of our members got out of the hobby and the club disbanded.

Elizabeth
we're bout as far north as you can get. Huntsville is 30 minutes away from TN.

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in St. Clair County, The last NARC meeting I went too was great, but its been a few years, it was at someones house lots of folks there, good food, and lots of frags to swap. wish there was more activity local. but I am always interested in any get together s I can make.

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live closer to Huntsville than to Nashville and I’d attend meetings and bring stuff.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Heck I live in Boise how long do you think it would take me to drive their for monthly meetings? Am I too far over the northern county line and errr western county line

DirtMcGurt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you folks still trying to do meetings?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did good for the first half of last year but then had a hard time finding people willing to host.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we want to meet up again soon. I have been meaning to host a meeting, but things have kept getting in the way. I can host it this month on the 17th or sometime in early September. I suppose I should host one before people get busy with football games.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did good for the first half of last year but then had a hard time finding people willing to host.

Hello,

I would love to join yours @Brew12 or maybe even create one here in Boise. It gets sad when nkt even the lfs can answer complex questions. I mean one lady works for the montreh aquarium and was required to have an associates in (special name something for marine aquariums). But she only does basic things and nothing with coral, yet she is the only makntemce person for one of the local fish shops. It’s super sad and it’s why I love this forum dearly.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we want to meet up again soon. I have been meaning to host a meeting, but things have kept getting in the way. I can host it this month on the 17th or sometime in early September. I suppose I should host one before people get busy with football games.
Think it is too short notice for me to host one on Saturday 8/10? My tank is an absolute mess right now and my wife isn't going to be here this weekend but I could make it work.

And from your post on the Apex thread... the instructions for the banner are on the first post on this thread. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on the new forum software yet. I might be able to get your banner manually added.

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Elizabeth.
Need to start another one then. I’d be in

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it is too short notice for me to host one on Saturday 8/10? My tank is an absolute mess right now and my wife isn't going to be here this weekend but I could make it work.

I don't know if it's too short of a notice. Kids are back in school, but I don't know if parents are too busy coaching/chauffeuring kids to practices yet. How about posting it on the main forum section of NARC?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it's too short of a notice. Kids are back in school, but I don't know if parents are too busy coaching/chauffeuring kids to practices yet. How about posting it on the main forum section of NARC?
Posted it there. No responses yet but it is very short notice.....

Hope you enjoy your shiny red badge!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back