Narrowed it down to the following 3 dosing pumps & would like to hear your thoughts?

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run an Eshoops IV master and Slave at the moment to dose my ALk, Cal and Mag w/ a Neptune DOS for my water changes. Also, I run an Avast Marine KALK Reactor for the PH Swings on two Apex Float switches. Anyhow, I am getting ready to get rid of my Eshoops Doser & Slave and purchase one of the dosers below. I love all three of these that I have listed but before I pull the trigger I would like to get your thoughts and opinions on any of the ones I have listed.

TANK INFO 150 MIXED REEF

GHL 2.0 BLK Incl. 4 pumps
ghl-doser-2-sa-2-pumps.png

Kore 5 Pro Blk Incl. 5 pumps witch 2 are stepper motors for AWC's
i49a098ab13c5108ef69d1378304f56d7.png

Kamoer x4 Incl. 4 pumps
Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 7.02.10 AM.png

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 2 gen one dosers from GHL. Sold them to a friend and he is still using them to this day without failure.
No experience with Pac Sun but people seem to like them
I have a few friends that have the Kamoer and they rave about them. Of all dosing pump companies in our industry, they are the one company that makes dosing pumps for medical industry.

ithk21620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Pac Sun one and it was junk. Lots of issues with it and it nuked my tank when the ALK pump continued to run. Could never get it to stop no matter what I did. Contacted them and they said to cut the wire and not use that channel...

hubble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer x4. Set this doser up over the weekend and so far so good. I watched the setup video and followed that and it went smoothly. Nice controllablity, and I like being able to adjust dosing amount via ipad. I put the graduated cylinder (included) under the ouput and dosed 4ml manually and it was right on the money. I am using the Kamoe dosing containers and they tell you how much solution is left (after you input how much you put in). All in all a nice doser.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Ghl dosers Great built units an expandable. Currently using 4 on my tank with the new KH guardian coming online soon.

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pacific sun as well and had none stop issues with the doser. I eventually sold It because I couldn’t take its inconsistency anymore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there two places (maybe more if I really think about it) to not skimp and go cheap: main return pump and doser. Run away dosing certainly seems to be in the top 3 causes if tank crashes. Anyhow, I looked at dosers a few years back, and ended up getting the GHL. It's been rock solid stable for me and very reliable. The only annoyance, and I imagine it's true for all of them, is funding a source for peri tubing that doesn't include the absurd hobby 'premium'.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the GHL and its just about silent. The software is pretty good and I love how simple it is to calibrate. Another bonus is the software keeps track of the size of the dosing container and how much has been dosed, it can alarm if you get low. It's also nice to glance at my phone and see the levels I have left without looking under the stand.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back