Narrowed It to Two Scapes - Which One Is Best?

Which Scape Is Your Favorite


  • Total voters
    17
I don’t like the big structure in the middle of B so by these pictures of the two I’m going to go with A.
If I had to be honest though I don’t love either one of them.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts! Any suggestions for changes with the rock available in the pics that would make it look better?
 
From this angle I prefer B, this just adds so much in terms of looks and it makes it seem more natural. I agree with it needing more caves but also I think they need more height. The way they look currently is alright however they look extremely low down which tends to reduce territory that can be claimed IME.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts!

It's tough to see in the pics - the tank will be 18" or 20" high - leaving 4-6" between the highest rock points and the water level..

When you mention territory - are you talking about fish or coral?
 
Thanks for letting me know your thoughts! Any suggestions for changes with the rock available in the pics that would make it look better?
I have found myself recently liking the looks of nsa aquascapes, where essentially the rock gets broken into smaller pieces and then glued back together in more unusual shapes.
 
Thanks for letting me know your thoughts!

It's tough to see in the pics - the tank will be 18" or 20" high - leaving 4-6" between the highest rock points and the water level..

When you mention territory - are you talking about fish or coral?
Territory is needed for everything, inverts, coral, fish ect… it also highly depends on what coral you want or how many fish you plan for. For example;
In my 3’x16”x1’ tank I want to go lower in numbers of species of fish but more in terms of numbers of specimens of those species. I want more inverts and coral but the few fish I want I plan to have being fish some would say are on my “wish list” as well as being flashy.
I mainly have SPS coral but I hope this gives an idea of what I’m trying to say.
0E6A4A59-6985-4D62-9FA4-58AA7916DD05.jpeg
 
I have found myself recently liking the looks of nsa aquascapes, where essentially the rock gets broken into smaller pieces and then glued back together in more unusual shapes.

It's funny, I've been watching a ton of these videos too, and thought of going this route. Some of my favorite scapes were made from Hatian rock - the kind with the light "lettuce leaf"-type structures.

I'm just too lazy to do the breaking and cementing of the rock!
 
It's funny, I've been watching a ton of these videos too, and thought of going this route. Some of my favorite scapes were made from Hatian rock - the kind with the light "lettuce leaf"-type structures.

I'm just too lazy to do the breaking and cementing of the rock!
I did one a few months back and I just used a chisel to break it apart and then glued it back together with superglue and baking soda. It formed a stronger bond than I expected. It was actually a fun process.
 
Territory is needed for everything, inverts, coral, fish ect… it also highly depends on what coral you want or how many fish you plan for. For example;
In my 3’x16”x1’ tank I want to go lower in numbers of species of fish but more in terms of numbers of specimens of those species. I want more inverts and coral but the few fish I want I plan to have being fish some would say are on my “wish list” as well as being flashy.
I mainly have SPS coral but I hope this gives an idea of what I’m trying to say.
0E6A4A59-6985-4D62-9FA4-58AA7916DD05.jpeg

Yes, this helps a lot - I see the holes and crevices you were mentioning earlier....

Thanks for posting the picture, and I love the clam you have there as your centerpiece. Thanks for taking the time to write...
 
Yes, this helps a lot - I see the holes and crevices you were mentioning earlier....

Thanks for posting the picture, and I love the clam you have there as your centerpiece. Thanks for taking the time to write...
My Deresa is just the beginning of the clam collection haha. Hunting a Squamosa for the back. Soon I’ll be overrun with clams as I plan to move the deresa into my 4’ tank once it out grows it’s current tank (If I get a squamosa then I’ll end up doing the same).
The nooks and crannies help the secretive fish… I swear I have 5-6 fish in that tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new