Narrowed It to Two Scapes - Which One Is Best?

Which Scape Is Your Favorite

• Total voters

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My thread really hasn't gotten much traction (I don't mind - I'm doing it for me, more than anything else)...

If you're curious:

I sat down with my fiancé and her mom to try different rocks, etc. They don't know anything about reefs or aquascaping, but I'm happy they want to be involved.

While I'm at it, I wanted to get the people's vote on the scape....

D45F721E-9739-43DB-9BFA-373430ECD06C.jpeg

3F889CC6-F14D-4262-B101-AE062198381F.jpeg

BD357E34-4486-443D-8710-CCB25057C0C9.jpeg

1626F265-7F7A-4842-BF47-F1FFB4550370.jpeg

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like B but I encourage you to think about what kind of corals you are going to have. Also, do you have one or two hidey holes built? My royal gramma loves his small cave and certain fish will need a place to hang out. I incorporated some oyster shells to create the places. On B, you could plant encrusting corals or zoas on the middle section, for example, which would look really good!

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like B but I encourage you to think about what kind of corals you are going to have. Also, do you have one or two hidey holes built? My royal gramma loves his small cave and certain fish will need a place to hang out. I incorporated some oyster shells to create the places. On B, you could plant encrusting corals or zoas on the middle section, for example, which would look really good!

Will be doing a mixed reef - SPS on the top half, and LPS/Softies on the bottom half. A would theoretically allow more real estate for the non-SPS.

There are several swim-throughs on the large rock on the right, and several holes/crevaces on the large rock on the left.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From this angle I prefer B, this just adds so much in terms of looks and it makes it seem more natural. I agree with it needing more caves but also I think they need more height. The way they look currently is alright however they look extremely low down which tends to reduce territory that can be claimed IME.

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need a view from ground level

Agreed
Though B looks best from what I can see.

B..from this view.

I think I like B, but it’s hard to tell.

Need ground level shots for sure

For those requesting ground level pics - I started a new poll, added a 3rd scape option (it's just a variant of scape B), and added in ground level pics....

Also adding a video of the last scape to give a better view.

Thank you for everyone participating!!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back