Nashville Area Fish stores

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some of the "best" places in the Nashville Area to buy saltwater fish, supplies, equipment, coral etc. I know about Aquatic Critter, have been to Emerald Bay... but are there any others out there. Thanks

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 Seas in Hendersonville is very close on the north side of Nashville.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For livestock i would go to emerald bay over the others. Bad experiences at a couple of the others have driven me away from local stores almost completely.
For equipment, etc I buy online the vast majority of the time.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my livestock comes from emerald Bay for the most part. I prefer to shop small, and Sean cares for everything and everyone, so to me that's worth the extra drive.

Yea I don't have any complaints about them. Mine are so more directed at a large store that did not hesitate to sell us stuff we had no business owning (and flat out lie or give us information that was completely wrong like "sure a sailfin tang will be fine in a 75g tank, in fact you should get a hippo tang too" or a place that looked so shady my now wife didn't want to get out of the car lol).

I've lucked into finding a guy to order livestock that does this stuff for a living. They quarantine the animals before delivery and offer a guarantee. They also give me prices that no store I've found can beat (the price they charge for cleaner shrimp is the same as the stores, but the shrimp are 4 times bigger).

Equipment wise I've just found that I can generally get stuff cheaper online and right now we have to watch every penny. Now if it's something we need asap or if we are out in the area and stop by EB and see something we need/want and have the money, I'll absolutely buy from them.

Sorry for the rambling, been off my ADHD meds this week lol.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I don't have any complaints about them. Mine are so more directed at a large store that did not hesitate to sell us stuff we had no business owning (and flat out lie or give us information that was completely wrong like "sure a sailfin tang will be fine in a 75g tank, in fact you should get a hippo tang too" or a place that looked so shady my now wife didn't want to get out of the car lol).

I've lucked into finding a guy to order livestock that does this stuff for a living. They quarantine the animals before delivery and offer a guarantee. They also give me prices that no store I've found can beat (the price they charge for cleaner shrimp is the same as the stores, but the shrimp are 4 times bigger).

Equipment wise I've just found that I can generally get stuff cheaper online and right now we have to watch every penny. Now if it's something we need asap or if we are out in the area and stop by EB and see something we need/want and have the money, I'll absolutely buy from them.

Sorry for the rambling, been off my ADHD meds this week lol.
I enjoy a good reef talk!! I try to buy rehomes when I can, but when I have to buy fresh, I get EB to hold it to make sure it's eating etc.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In true fashion, I woke up this morning to find our scopas tang dead :( No idea what happened. He looked fine last night (and has since we got him) and everyone else looks fine. Last weekend some of our rock structures collapsed while we were out of town (think our pistol shrimp caused it), I wonder if the tang got hurt when that happened....

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back