Nassarius Snails dangerous with Clams??

  • Thread starter Thread starter NanoBoxes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NanoBoxes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Messages
109
Reaction score
185
Location
Ft Wayne, IN
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searching online I found a few posts from folks stating Nassarius can be predators and attack a clam. Has anyone else experienced this or do you suggest I remove the 2 Nassarius Snails I have before adding a clam to the tank?
 
I have had a few clams with nassarius snails and no issues. They only go after dying things one. If it goes after the clam, the clam is dying and likely too late to save.
 
Last edited:
I have had a few clams with nassarius sharks and no issues. They only go after dying things one. If it goes after the clam, the clam is dying and likely too late to save.
Agreed! The clam-attacking Nassarius snails might also have been misidentified Ilyanassa obsoleta or whelks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new