Nassy snail laid eggs

  • Thread starter Thread starter nanojosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nanojosh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
Palm Bay FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I come home from work and see clusters of eggs on the upper part of my tank and barely hanging to the glass is a lethargic almost comatose nasarius snail is this normal do they lay eggs and die like squid and the like or was this like a right before death panic spawn to keep his/her species going? awfully strange these lil creatures
 
bump so here's a quick update The reason the snail was still stuck to the glass is because he/she was still laying I'm wondering if a mail needs to fertilize or are they like crabs and get fertilized the good old fashioned way well we"ll see I accidentally scraped half of them off the glass last night cleaning so who knows
 
bump so here's a quick update The reason the snail was still stuck to the glass is because he/she was still laying I'm wondering if a mail needs to fertilize or are they like crabs and get fertilized the good old fashioned way well we"ll see I accidentally scraped half of them off the glass last night cleaning so who knows

haha @ the good ol fashion way
 
So what ur saying is that snails Uhhh well never mind. Lol


55 gal mixed reef 10 gal SPS Dom.
10 gal nem tank 2 maxi minis 2 rock flower and one sunburst RBTA

Sent from some device using some app
 
I've seen my stomatella snails broadcast spawn before but I guess I'll have to do a Lil research thanks.


55 gal mixed reef 10 gal SPS Dom.
10 gal nem tank 2 maxi minis 2 rock flower and one sunburst RBTA

Sent from some device using some app
 
Got tons of baby nassy snails but never seen egg laying or egg fertilizing. Maybe mine have a little more shame. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new