OP
Nburg's Reef

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the nicer pics I took. I need to get a better all purpose lens. The Tamron 90mm is great for frags and zoas, but terrible for acros, and the Nikon lens that came with my camera is terrible.

Tyree's Pink Lemonade
pink lem2.jpg
Pink Lemonade.jpg

Holy Grail Micromussa
Holy Grail.jpg

WWC Hello Kitty Milli
hello kitty.jpg

Some of my Zoas (frozen apple on left, vamps in drag on right)
zoas.jpg

Seduction Paly
Seduction zoa.jpg

Rainbow Stylophora
Rainbow Stylo.jpg

Lazy Corals Blue Zing Birds Nest
Lazy Zing.jpg

Gonis
Goni.jpg

Blue Stag
Blue Stag.jpg

Ancient Mariner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, very beautiful and healthy! I love the mix of coral types and the design. You’ve done an amazing job especially considering your move and switching from softies to sps to softies then back to sps! (Did I get that right?) Looks like you’ve got this hobby figured out!

OP
OP
Nburg's Reef

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby’s napping so time for an update.

FTS

I bought an Aussie snake skin torch that I couldn’t pass up. Very slick piece.purple snake skin texture tentacles with bright gold tips.

I also decided that the filter sock section of my sump was a waste of space since I haven’t run mechanical filtration in a long while so I cut it out, moved my skimmer and freed up a lot of frag rack space.

some closer pics of my corals. Steady growth and I’m really pleased with the colors. Nitrate bottomed out for a while so I started dosing nitrate again.

OP
OP
Nburg's Reef

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple pics I took today
WWC Pink Passion (left) and WWC Dragonslayer (right) Dragon slayer.jpg

WWC Terra Red Colony
Terra Red.jpg

WWC Shark Attack - hard to get the blue on camera, but this one is turning out nice!
Shark Attack.jpg

WWC King Fiji
King Fiji.jpg

WWC Hello Kitty
Hello kitty-1.jpg

RMF Flavor Parade - bought a browned/greened out colony, but new growth looks great and the rest is starting to get more vibrant... hard to get the new growth color in pics, but very nice
flavor parade-1.jpg

Oregon Blue Tort is growing fast now, but is growing into a flat blob with maybe 2 branches? eitherway, this coral is hard to get the true deep blue color. The dark parts capture much lighter blue and the light parts capture as white spots.
oregon blue.jpg

Blue Stag - Thinking it might be a Acropora yongei?
BLue Stag.jpg

BC Flamethrower Table - starting to get the blue tips and the green is turning a purplish red
flamethrower table.jpg

And finally picked up a blue A. Hoeksemai from @gws3 which I have been looking for - this one is a Copps lineage piece - hopefully the brown will color up, but either way, the blue is very nice with the green inner coralites.
Blue Hoeksemai-1.jpg

OP
OP
Nburg's Reef

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @WWC, I got this as a banana peel acro from your ebay auctions, but the growth looks like a smooth skin and not like the colony pics on your site for the banana peel - the tips are blue (but doens't capture well in pics - camera makes it look whiter). Does this look like your typical Banana Peel growth?
Banana peel-1.jpg

OP
OP
Nburg's Reef

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Heoki is looking awesome and starting to grow. I love the acros that don't need 18 months to encrust before deciding to grow
Blue Hoeki-1.jpg

RMF Flavor Parade is getting some really nicely colored new growth and the old browned out parts are coloring up slowly.
Flavor Parade.jpg

tzoli77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Straton Program.PNG
I go back and forth on increasing white to like 43, then I go back to 39... can't quite make up my mind.
Are you still using this setting on the stratons? May I ask for your light schedule? I'm using the same setup, but UV and violet channels on 100%.
Your acros are so nice, good luck rehousing them!

OP
OP
Nburg's Reef

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using this setting on the stratons? May I ask for your light schedule? I'm using the same setup, but UV and violet channels on 100%.
Your acros are so nice, good luck rehousing them!
No I’ve tweaked it since then. I now run blue, Royal blue, UV and violet at 100%, cyan and red at zero and white around 25ish or so to match the whiteness I like.
Cyan really washed out colors in my opinion.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

• My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back