Need 100 Aptesia for a 11th grade research project urgently.

sonalichitnis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My 11th grader is supposed doing a research project and needs Aptesia. She had ordered 100 of them from www.carolina.com on Dec 30.They said they would ship by Jan 18 but it never arrived. Now they told us it i out of stock. My student needs to start her project by Wednesday and complete it before Feb 15.
I am posting question here to check where can I get 100 Aptesia. I am located in Redmond WA
thank you in advance for help

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My 11th grader is supposed doing a research project and needs Aptesia. She had ordered 100 of them from www.carolina.com on Dec 30.They said they would ship by Jan 18 but it never arrived. Now they told us it i out of stock. My student needs to start her project by Wednesday and complete it before Feb 15.
I am posting question here to check where can I get 100 Aptesia. I am located in Redmond WA
Mine are all undercontrol (eaten by a fish) but if I had them I would help you out.

Bumping for help! Anyone got an infestation they could export alive for a school project?

OP
OP
S

sonalichitnis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Thank you KrisReef. Appreciate bumping my thread. Keeping my fingers crossed I find some options today

OP
OP
S

sonalichitnis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check at the local fish stores too, some might have some they'd be happy to get rid of
Thank you for the note. We had asked when we started collecting aquarium materials in Dec but most of them dont have this because it is a pest :(
We asked Seattle Aquarium but they said they also won't have and they can't give organisms to people

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thank you for the note. We had asked when we started collecting aquarium materials in Dec but most of them dont have this because it is a pest :(
We asked Seattle Aquarium but they said they also won't have and they can't give organisms to people
Just out of curiosity, why the 100 number? Is a decent amount of aiptasia an option or do you need specific count of them.

OP
OP
S

sonalichitnis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, why the 100 number? Is a decent amount of aiptasia an option or do you need specific count of them.
At this point we are ok with any quantity.. but she is doing a research project and she needs those many specimen to test the impact of her chemical and temp changes etc. Her calculations and plan is based on the count 100. If that changes, she needs to update her project plan and get it approved from her school teacher but that is a small problem :).

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.7%
Back