need 36" t-5 ballast

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have an t-5 ballast for some 36'' t-5s? Mine died the other day and am in desperate need. Would like to have enough to drive 4 bulbs but 2 would due for now.

lamarine23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a brand new workhorse 5? Decided to switch to LED's so I didn't end up using it.

Jesse

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one slightly cheaper from Amazon recently. I thought a Workhorse 5 can run two 55/65W PC's or two 54W t5HO. Are they okay to run a few 36" t5's?

Fulham has a nice website that can help you finding the correct ballast type and their customer service (email) is very very quick and super nice.

lamarine23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tomoku so ur saying I'm asking too much and your passing confusing info, please stay out of the conversation.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I made a confusing statement - must be my Japanese accent or "Engrish" ;)

Just to clarify my earlier statement, I understand that one Fulham Workhorse 5 ballast can run one to three 39 watt t-5 bulbs. Correct me if I am wrong, but it cannot run four 36" 39 watt bulbs. Although Firefightered said that he will settle for running only 2 bulbs for now, an option to run all four would be nice, wouldn't it?

lamarine23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct and thanks. It is a great option to have to drive another 2 bulbs later or u can always overdrive the 2 by attaching the 2 red wires together.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back