Need a clownfish expert to identify!

  • Thread starter Thread starter tmscott89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tmscott89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2019
Messages
288
Reaction score
49
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a clownfish from my local petco ( don’t judge too harsh, they are cheaper than most LFS around me). They had a shipment of “assorted clownfish” come in and this one was one that I purchased. My question is is a snowflake or snow onyx? The picture doesn’t do justice on how much blue is lined behind the white areas but it appears both species have the blue lining so I can’t really tell which it is.

C57674A7-A89B-4AD7-AAB0-ADD47F69458F.jpeg
 
I'm not judging, my local Petco has cleaner tanks and healther fish than my LFS.
tanks are definitely cleaner at petco, but my LFS usually does have an insane variety, he’s just pricey because he’s the only marine store around
 
what the heck is with all the html tags
 
I wouldn't worry too much about knowing if it's a snowflake or snow onyx. They're really hard to tell apart, especially when the black hasn't grown in yet. The blue color is just the overlap of black and white scales, and are present in both variants.

The only way to know with some certainty is to look at your Petco's order sheet (my guess is that the fish came from ORA). Just know that you have a snowflake or snowflake variant.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new