NEED A DKH LESSON FOR CYCLING A TANK, PLEASE.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that your cycle is fixed I want our false stall readers to see the specific fix for your system:

don’t test for ammonia any further, it self regulates.

don’t ever test for nitrite at all, toss the kit.

don’t buy anything to refresh the system with bac in the future

simply reef with trust right now, buy no more reinforcements you are cycled this is as specific as I can possibly be. Make your tank params from here on out be what you want for coral growth, let the cycle worry go. Old rules trained us to do that so we click buy buy buy

we have purely stopped that activity above. We turn out solid cycles its right on file above.

old cycling rules are the biggest ripoff in reefing history, one of my main motivations online is amassing thousands of live examples using the new rules, which require very little reinforcement and uses testing 0% to complete a cycle.

we use submersion time to solve for cycle completion in my threads. Half of any cycling chart we can locate is a time variable and it solves for the critical params, even if we don’t test.

we require zero tests to cycle any reef you want using updated cycling science.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t add prime during a cycle. It will bind to the ammonia and nitrite, hence basically stopping the cycle. The nitrifying bacteria have nothing to eat and can’t populate. Kh is carbonate hardness and not tested in marine tanks. dKH is alkalinity and you don’t need to follow it during a cycle.
That is not true at all.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard of anyone dosing for a cycle.
Nobody should, and I didn't tell you to. Cycling eats up dkh, and even after cycle it will consume alkalinity in the absence of coral. It's part of establishing stable bacteria along with coralline algae. Just doing water changes for the first few months will handle it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back