Need an ID on boney looking flatworm

Kinko

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2023
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Justin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw one inside an old snail shell and tossed it but now I saw a bigger one on glass, has strange sweeper like tentacles on it.

20230605_130415.jpg
 
Kind of looks like an asterina starfish with most of the legs having been chewed off and a new set is developing? I've seen asterina that look lopsided and this "worm" apppears to have starfish feet, at least to my old eyes.

I could be wrong, but what else is new? :cool:

Aww Lion GIF
 
Asterina starfish that lost a few legs. It will grow them back though. They are not too bad for the tank but can multiply like crazy and eventually become a small problem
 
Yeah, as mentioned, that's an "Asterina" starfish (technically Aquilonastra - Asterina is a different genus in the Asterinidae family). They reproduce by splitting (and/or dropping legs) and having both halves (or the dropped legs) regrow into their own full starfish, so seeing them like this isn't too uncommon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new