Need an ID on starfish

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
1,566
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy came inside an empty snail shell. I think its a mini brittle, but want confirmation before putting him in.
EixgdBU.jpg
 
I have quite a few in mine. Can always see their arms sticking out of holes in the rocks. Never had any issues from them I would think they are beneficial.
 
brittle star they aren't good with live coral or other starfishes.
 
I've seen one eating another star before. also seen one eating a brain coral
 
I have two different kind in my tank.. one similar to that and the other is a solid white color ^_^
 
sorry I was wrong I'm thinking of a bigger version yup they are harmless
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new