Need assistance wiring vertical float switch for water container

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced my 100g water storage tank for a 50g water tank . The tank is to store RO/DI water. In the 100g tank I used a tethered piggy back float switch to turn the RO/DI unit off when the container is full. The RO/DI unit has a booster pump. Because the 50g tank is smaller in diameter, I am having trouble using the tethered float switch. Either it's hitting the wall or doesn't have enough loose wire to raise enough to trigger. I want to put in a float switch through the side of the tank. However, I do not know what I need to wire the float switch to a piggyback plug to control the RO/DI unit. I'm looking for examples, including specific items purchased, that will turn my RO/DI unit off when the water level reaches a certain point in the 50g water thank.

Thank you.

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced my 100g water storage tank for a 50g water tank . The tank is to store RO/DI water. In the 100g tank I used a tethered piggy back float switch to turn the RO/DI unit off when the container is full. The RO/DI unit has a booster pump. Because the 50g tank is smaller in diameter, I am having trouble using the tethered float switch. Either it's hitting the wall or doesn't have enough loose wire to raise enough to trigger. I want to put in a float switch through the side of the tank. However, I do not know what I need to wire the float switch to a piggyback plug to control the RO/DI unit. I'm looking for examples, including specific items purchased, that will turn my RO/DI unit off when the water level reaches a certain point in the 50g water thank.

Thank you.
I hope this helps

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back