Need Assistance

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure where to ask this question so I'm throwing in this forum:

I recently sold an item to another user that was working fine when I packed it up and shipped it out. The buyer messaged me that the item was not working. I told him to send it back to me and I would refund him plus his return shipping if I could find an issue with the product, he sent the product back to me. Come to find out, after testing the product it worked fine. I sent the buyer a detailed video that confirmed that the product was indeed working. I'm refunding him; however, I need to know how much? When I listed the item I wrote in the post that shipping was included in the price. Does that mean that I eat the initial shipping cost or can I subtract that from his refund? I'm not going to refund him his return shipping since the product is in perfect working condition. Thoughts?

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think being impeccable is paramount in your situation. Unfortunately it sounds like the buyer on the other side of this transaction wasn’t impeccable. I think this is really a matter of ethics and what you feel good about. Go with your gut! I hesitate to even weigh in on this. If you said shipping was included in the purchase cost, refund the purchase cost but don’t refund the return portion of the shipping as you were impeccable on your end.

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep the return costs what ever that may be. He may be saying this because doesn’t want it now, and just wants the money. But there are implications for doing something like this. This is tough situation go with your gut

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that I am not going to refund the return costs... I was upfront about that when he returned the product. However, I may have to eat the initial shipping costs? It cost me about $14.35 to ship the item and he paid about the same to return it to me.... I'm thinking I'll return his initial payment. We both take a $14.00 hit. This stings a little bit because the product is working fine; however, I can't completely dismiss his complaint... maybe it didn't work for his set up? But that also doesn't mean the product was defective, I shouldn't hav to take a financial hit.

Back