Need CLEAN cheato

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so I'm about to get my refugium started. It's gonna be using a kessil h80 flora set to grow but I need cheato. So I've heard horror stories about algae barn clean cheato having aptasia..... that's a nope for me. So my question is where can I get CLEAN cheato? Thanks

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try emailing podyourreef and ask them when they will have more cheato in stock.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone so I'm about to get my refugium started. It's gonna be using a kessil h80 flora set to grow but I need cheato. So I've heard horror stories about algae barn clean cheato having aptasia..... that's a nope for me. So my question is where can I get CLEAN cheato? Thanks
While that has happened, that is like 1 in 1000 orders. We always suggest to quarantine any macros and if there are ever any issues we stand behind our guarantee. ~Shaun King

OP
OP
01xp

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the honesty and by no means am I trying to bash your company. I currently have no way to qt macro, all the qt setups are in use at the moment and the misses won't let me get some more. That's the only reason why I'm looking for the cleanest it's gonna go right into the dt.

Again I'm sorry if I came off as trying to bash your company

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some from my LFS that I carefully inspected, it turned out fine.

That’s a great light by the way, I’ve used it for months and it grows chaeto like crazy.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also try a fenbendazole dip (no need for quarantine) to get rid of any cnidarians (like aiptasia and hydroids!).

OP
OP
01xp

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thank you. I just went to my lfs to look at some coral do you think that chemical would kill aptasia on coral or kill the coral?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo....as a tip, if somebody tells you something, it's best to also research it just to make sure it's safe. Fenbendazole kills some cnidarians (which includes corals!), and different corals are affected differently.

nobody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried aquaculture nursery farm and was very pleased with it. Did not find any hitchhikers in it. Very clean.

20200910_105230.jpg

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I rinsed my AB cheato in sw before putting in tank. Tons of dead pods came off.
When did this happen? We do not raise our copepods in the same water as our macros. I would love to check into this further. ~Shaun K.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back