Need fish suggestions

G8rNation

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2014
Messages
300
Reaction score
165
Location
Grand island, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of cycling a 25 lagoon that will be a high end shroom tank. Originally I planned on putting 3 or so clownfish in it but debating on doing that now. Figured I’d post up here and see what everyone else’s opinions are. Attached is a picture of the new set up.

f78436f8656c8bedc48af52edaaf5d13.jpg
 
Blennys can get territorial especially in a smaller tank. Candy basslets are definetly a cool one. A black storm pair with some captive bred springers dottyback would look awesomeee
 
I love my sixline wrasse.
They are curious about everything and swim Alot..
 
In my opinion , 3 clowns is a bad idea.
It’s common wisdom that 2 will pair off and then harass the 3rd to death.
I have not, however, tried this myself. Let us know how it works out if you try it.
 
In my opinion , 3 clowns is a bad idea.
It’s common wisdom that 2 will pair off and then harass the 3rd to death.
I have not, however, tried this myself. Let us know how it works out if you try it.

In a big tank it can work. I've seen it workout long term more than once
 
I wish it did work, I do love clowns , but I def don’t think it’s a good idea in a 25. I have a 150 and I still wouldn’t try it
 
The pistol shrimp can move a lot but doesnt always. I want the sand moved frequently though; keeps particulate suspended so it can be removed to the sump or eaten by the corals. I have a diamond goby as well; the sand stays spotless.
 
I ended up going with 3 clowns. They are all relatively small so I’m hoping they will all get along in the long run. I didnt want to go with a pistol and goby due to the fact I don’t want my sand disturbed as it will be mainly a mushroom tank. Plus the last pistol I had decided to kill the majority of my other shrimp in the tank and I’d rather not go through the headache of removing a pistol shrimp again.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new