Need help algae breakout!

Bryancalderon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the buying the corals and doing a water change, now I have a algae breakout! So far it has been irritating me to the point it's getting annoying! Do I need to get a protein skimmer, add chemicals or something to destroy the algae?

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae starts with Phosphates and Nitrates. First thing that stands out is lack of protein skimming. Are you relying on waterchanges or do you have some other forms of nutrient export such as algae, mechanical, chemical, biological?...Please share more information on your setup: Age, nutrient export, livestock, (LR or dry rock), parameters, What kind of algae, etc.

Rscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae starts with Phosphates and Nitrates. First thing that stands out is lack of protein skimming. Are you relying on waterchanges or do you have some other forms of nutrient export such as algae, mechanical, chemical, biological?...Please share more information on your setup: Age, nutrient export, livestock, (LR or dry rock), parameters, What kind of algae, etc.

Agreed.
Are you testing for phosphates?

Also number one cause of algae is to much light for to long

What lights and settings are you running

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Evening

This^^ let’s I’d the algae to know what we are dealing with and your set up and #’s

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such an old post that popped up in my notification. :D

It got me :D . I never remember to check dates. I am never sure how the old posts even come to life.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back