Need help . Apex power bar got wet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zoaeasy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zoaeasy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
456
Reaction score
289
Location
Calgary
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gyre pump decided to dump a ton of water on the back of the aquarium. Apex power bar got some water and tripped the GFCI and stopped workin. I dried it with a hairdryer and left a while to furthe dry.Any hope for this unit. It's still tripping the GFCI.

Second part of this question.
I have a left over power bar and just plugged it in to the control unit.
Do I have to reprogram everything?

Thanks.
 
The issue with getting the bar wet is the salt in the water. I have read that if you soak electronics in rodi water before turning them on and let them dry they may be saved. I have never tried this but my wife who is an EE said it might work. Others recommend putting the device in rice to absorb the water but this still leaves the salt

Let's see what others say
 
I was going to say rice to pull out the moisture. Yes you will have to program the bar.
 
1. you need to open it up and clean out the salt water....
2. I think even the exact same port, the new eb8 might have a different name from your wet one. You might have to copy and past the code from the old eb8 outlets to the new ones.
 
It's alive ! After drying it out for a few days she fired back up again . Not tripping the GFCI anymore. Have not tried to run any programs yet. Question is can I trust it?
 
Mm thanks, just read the whole post .I am very comfortable working on humans insides , not so much circuit boards!
Looks like I'll be visiting the LFS to replace .
Or send it back for repair.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new