Need help!! asap

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing this is not something that you want to change all at once. You want to do it gradually. Several small water changes.

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks How bad did I screw up?

Don't feel bad we all make mistakes:) I was told by an Lfs to dose buffer everyday and when I went to another, that actually knew what they were talking about, they tested my dkh and it was 26!!! We learn as we go and as a side note the first Lfs went out of business (GEE WONDER WHY!).

Mike D "like the beastie boys" Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

heaven425

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL good for them.... Thanks alot kinda feeling down, I really hope I haven't messed up to bad I get attached to my marine life I hope everything pulls through. Thanks to everyone

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get down. It's part of the learning process. Good luck with the recovery and keep us updated!

OP
OP
H

heaven425

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is an update...I have been slowly bringing down the alk the zoa's are still not open but the brown jelly stuff on the mushroom I sucked up with baster and have been keeping a very close eye on it hasn't come back and the mushrooms are looking better. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Got some more questions....

1. I have 2 clowns, a blenny, and a neon gramma, I added a cleaner shrimp about 10 days ago and my fish are not wanting anything to do with him (he does clean fish right?) does it take time for the fish to get use to him?

2. On some of the rocks I got with my mushrooms there are some small feather dusters will these get bigger or do they stay small?

3. On the same rocks I got a hitchhiker that I think is bad, he is a demon looking red crab with bitty red eyes anyone know what he is and is he bad?

4. I have a Kenya that I got glued to a small shell and it seems to stay leaned down once in a while it stands up but not ofter it seems to be fine it opens up alot any ideas?

5. And lastly I was trying to upload some pictures and it says they are to big, what do I have to do to get them smaller with out losing quality?

Thanks again to everyone, loving this site, so much information and knowledge you reefers have very grateful.

Kathleen

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is an update...I have been slowly bringing down the alk the zoa's are still not open but the brown jelly stuff on the mushroom I sucked up with baster and have been keeping a very close eye on it hasn't come back and the mushrooms are looking better. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Got some more questions....

1. I have 2 clowns, a blenny, and a neon gramma, I added a cleaner shrimp about 10 days ago and my fish are not wanting anything to do with him (he does clean fish right?) does it take time for the fish to get use to him?

2. On some of the rocks I got with my mushrooms there are some small feather dusters will these get bigger or do they stay small?

3. On the same rocks I got a hitchhiker that I think is bad, he is a demon looking red crab with bitty red eyes anyone know what he is and is he bad?

4. I have a Kenya that I got glued to a small shell and it seems to stay leaned down once in a while it stands up but not ofter it seems to be fine it opens up alot any ideas?

5. And lastly I was trying to upload some pictures and it says they are to big, what do I have to do to get them smaller with out losing quality?

Thanks again to everyone, loving this site, so much information and knowledge you reefers have very grateful.

Kathleen

Cleaner shrimp cleaning fish is not a given. I've had cleaner shrimp for years and I've never seen them clean a fish. I've also seen cleaner shrimp in others tanks that set up "cleaning stations" and fish will lay on their sides while the shrimp cleans.

The feather dusters will most likely stay small.

A pic of the crab would help but "demon looking" is a bad sign. Lol. Get it out if you can and post a pic and we can help you decide if it's good or bad.

The Kenya tree will do many odd things. It's a very hardy coral I wouldn't worry about it. It will straighten up as it grows. If it looks like it's melting then I'd worry.

Upload your pics to a site like photobucket and copy and paste the IMG code in your post.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back