Need help canceling Red Sea Aquarium order

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmugglersReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2020
Messages
103
Reaction score
81
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can some pls advise. I want to cancel an order placed with my LFS in person last Friday at 5 PM. I was not aware if all the tank failures. I ordered a Red Sea G2 500 and paid via Mastercard. I was advised by the salesman that Waterbox aquariums bust seams to go Red Sea. When I called Sunday to cancel the sales girl said the tank hasn’t shipped without me signing a release form and to speak with the manager who wasn't there. Monday the manager called and said I couldn’t cancel that there was only a one percent chance Red Sea would cancel or change an order. Today I read that Red Sea ships for Texans on Fridays so the tank hasn’t even shipped yet. Is there anything I can do. I know I should have researched before the purchase. Dummy me!
 
Dispute with credit card, or simply don't accept the order when it arrives.
 
I couldn’t cancel via the store so I am taking delivery. The tank comes with a 3 year warranty and it’s $49 to increase it to 5 years. I only keep my tanks 5 years so I will just give it away then. Resale on any tank is ridiculously low anyways.
 
I think all you have to do is cancel via your credit card company, or simply refuse delivery, but good luck, I hope it works out for the best!
 
I couldn’t cancel via the store so I am taking delivery. The tank comes with a 3 year warranty and it’s $49 to increase it to 5 years. I only keep my tanks 5 years so I will just give it away then. Resale on any tank is ridiculously low anyways.
I think you are focusing on the wrong element (if your concern is a tank failure). A warranty *may* cover the tank, but that doesn't cover the livestock, the damage to the house, and the emotional turmoil. If you've ever gone through a tank emergency, the price of the new glass is the least important part ;). Therefore, worth considering a dispute.
 
I think you are focusing on the wrong element (if you're concern is a tank failure). A warranty *may* cover the tank, but that doesn't cover the livestock, the damage to the house, and the emotional turmoil. If you've ever gone through a tank emergency, the price of the new glass is the least important part ;). Therefore, worth considering a dispute.
Very true. It’s not the tank it’s the contents that you bought, raised, grew, plus xx gallons of sw on your floor, carpet, subfloor, ceiling below, mold in between, it’s a nightmare and insurance doesn’t cover it
 
I would still cancel the order, and I think your LFS is giving you the run around personally.
Of course they are! They don't want to cancel the order. It's not their house the tank is going in.
 
Very true. It’s not the tank it’s the contents that you bought, raised, grew, plus xx gallons of sw on your floor, carpet, subfloor, ceiling below, mold in between, it’s a nightmare and insurance doesn’t cover it
Some will cover damage but not livestock. State farm did when I had a tank leak in a carpeted room. The key was saying it broke not leaked. Fortunately I had an awesome claims rep that coached me in what to say.

To the OP I have a G2 reefer 300 and really like the tank but now that my G1 reefer 170 has failed I'm constantly inspecting seams which takes some of the pleasure out of it for me. I would cancel if at all possible.
I think your salesperson is misinformed or is a liar when they told you water box has more failures. They probably make more off the RS tanks or may not even be a WB dealer. I bought my WB 330.7 directly from WB. I wasn't about to bring a large RS tank into my house.
 
Can some pls advise. I want to cancel an order placed with my LFS in person last Friday at 5 PM. I was not aware if all the tank failures. I ordered a Red Sea G2 500 and paid via Mastercard. I was advised by the salesman that Waterbox aquariums bust seams to go Red Sea. When I called Sunday to cancel the sales girl said the tank hasn’t shipped without me signing a release form and to speak with the manager who wasn't there. Monday the manager called and said I couldn’t cancel that there was only a one percent chance Red Sea would cancel or change an order. Today I read that Red Sea ships for Texans on Fridays so the tank hasn’t even shipped yet. Is there anything I can do. I know I should have researched before the purchase. Dummy me!
I sure hope you can cancel. The amount should give you legal reason to be able to cancel. Call Mastercared and send a whole bunch of emails to red sea, try to get in contact, then tell that LFS you are serious.
I got a Planet Aquarium after my RS problem. No way I would get a Waterbox or RS ever. Really nervous when you see failures of these brands.
 
I sure hope you can cancel. The amount should give you legal reason to be able to cancel. Call Mastercared and send a whole bunch of emails to red sea, try to get in contact, then tell that LFS you are serious.
I got a Planet Aquarium after my RS problem. No way I would get a Waterbox or RS ever. Really nervous when you see failures of these brands.

I’ve never seen a WB failure.
 
I’ve never seen a WB failure.
I saw that there was some online, but not like RS. I also have decided large rimless tanks I can do without. My 180 has rims. So much easier to find a top when needed and the water level does not have water marks. The only bothersome thing is the brace across the top makes a shadow. After the RS problem I can handle the shadow.
 
Please keep us informed. It sounds like a very plausible approach to simply ask for a refund, let your LFS know you're willing to cancel payment through the cc company.

It certainly sounds like the lfs is looking for a short term profit from you vs long term customer. In my mind that's very short sighted.

Plus, it's hard to fathom any LFS that sells RS tanks would be nieve to the fact that their tanks are prone to failure. But at the same time it does baffle my mind that consumers are made clueless. Not because you didn't do your research but because the information gets stifled any chance they can. R2R is one of the few places that this information doesn't get taken down. It's sad really!
 
Do you have an attorney friend? I know you paid a lot of money.
 
I would look for a new LFS, i fell for a LFS that welcomed me with open arms when i first started, thought i had a great deal for the tank and all the bits soon realised that i was getting taken for a ride, i lost so much faith in them now my LFS is almost hour away, but really nice people and not pushy to buy anything and decent advice and really care about the fish and corals
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new