Need help - can't seem to keep LPS, softies are fine

Cary Meredith

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2016
Messages
391
Reaction score
427
Location
Caledonia, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, So here is the situation tanks about 15 years old, using RO, and everything is testing perfect, I can't seem to keep LPS but some seem ok, can't figure it out what could be going wrong. Last year I tried some acans and kept them maybe 3 weeks and started to die back. Now this year I have been doing zoas and softies, everything pretty much is doing great but then got a couple of other lps, a hammer, a frogspawn, all either getting pale or receding. Also got a chalice and placed in tank and overnight the flesh receded.

Really need to figure this out.

Thanks
Cary
 
Gotta have those tank numbers. Remember that Softies are bullet proof, LPS require some maintenance. Also, whats your TDS?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new