Need help: Cobalt aquatics rescue air

Turtlesteve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For folks that have one of these, I need some help. I just bought two of these to use as backups in case of power outage. I want to leave the pump off and have it come on in the event of a power outage. Problem is, I can't seem to get them to work as advertised.

- When unplugged (battery mode), 1st button push turns it on, 2nd push goes to 10 second mode, 3rd push turns it off. Same when using the extra battery.
- When plugged into the wall, I get the exact same sequence as above - on, 10 second mode, off. It knows it's on AC power as the charging indicator flashes....which doesn't happen when on battery.
- When plugged into the wall, I have tried shutting the power off (e.g. flip the breaker)......nothing happens. They won't turn on. Doesn't matter if I power the pump on and off beforehand. I have read the instructions about 10 times and I can't get it working.

It seems like a nice air pump and will stay on if it's already running and loses power. But for the life of me, I can't figure out if the pumps are defective or I am missing something with regards to how to get them to turn on when they lose AC power. It sounds like the instructions say that when plugged in, either the 2nd or 3rd push of the button should put it in power outage mode but this clearly isn't happening.

Not a happy customer right now. Can someone help out?

dcfdgaloot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old post, but did you find a solution? I'm having the same exact problems with two units i just purchased!

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several, and one of the ones I just got recently did not come on as expected when disconnected from power. I talked with Cobalt support, they said it was probably a bad circuit board so they asked me to open a support ticket on their site and they sent me a new one at no cost.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back