Need help connecting new GHL profilux using GHL connect app

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’m hoping someone can help me get my new profilux set up. I’ve watched all the YouTube videos but I’m still having issues getting it set up. I’ve spent over 2 hours trying to connect the app to WiFi and I’m close to giving up. Im adding a new device > profilux 4 > new configuration > Trying to connect to the GHL WiFi hotspot. I’ve powered off the unit, powered down my phone, closed and reopened the app, turned off WiFi completely and reconnected... and I keep getting error messages like unable to join & network temporarily unavailable. I really hope it’s just user error... please help! Thanks all!!

OP
OP
monti mike

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress... I was able to select the GHL WiFi connection and move to the next step. Then ran into another error. I’m about to give up for the night :confused:
29D581C6-9388-4219-9367-6675146B858C.jpeg

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the least user friendly controller.
Lots of online videos on how to do this. They can be found in the GHL section.

look at the stickes at the top of the forum

OP
OP
monti mike

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve watched the videos so many times and I still don’t know what’s going on. It looks like it finally added a device but it still can’t connect. Hopefully Vinny can help me out sometime this week.
2DB5F662-8FB0-4403-8202-08B20928883B.jpeg

OP
OP
monti mike

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lord have mercy it finally worked. I just kept clicking retry over and over and over and it eventually stuck. Hallelujah
5504BE4E-5E78-4F08-9195-858335B87951.jpeg

dohc97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the reason why I sold my doser and nixed my plan of doing the ghl controller. I like to think I'm not computer illiterate but that's how I felt after setting up the doser

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the reason why I sold my doser and nixed my plan of doing the ghl controller. I like to think I'm not computer illiterate but that's how I felt after setting up the doser
i just got my ghl yesterday and already thinking about selling it!! all day today trying to connect to GHL Hotspot and unable too. this really sucks!!

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got my ghl yesterday and already thinking about selling it!! all day today trying to connect to GHL Hotspot and unable too. this really sucks!!
I had issues when I first got mine as well. Mine was a laptop port issue. You likely have something set wrong.
Hopefully it lets this pdf go thru. This is the newest guide. It includes directions for using connect for a lot
https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Pr...zMrQJEI1Yqd6sbxjLTQyAJFdwOZxSolQa283GTpPlLpfE

OP
OP
monti mike

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue. How exactly did you get it to work?
It needed a firmware update and I was struggling with how to do it (probably user error!). I emailed GHL support and messaged Vinnie here and they got me set up. I haven’t had any issues since the first setup.

rahger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It needed a firmware update and I was struggling with how to do it (probably user error!). I emailed GHL support and messaged Vinnie here and they got me set up. I haven’t had any issues since the first setup.
Took me 6hrs but I got it!!

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really bad... It's 2020, if you have a device that's that hard to connect for the money you paid for it that says a lot about the company selling it and how bad their developers and architects are. I can name dozens of devices for under $30 that connect seamlessly to WiFi and mobile devices. Sorry you had such a hard time.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really bad... It's 2020, if you have a device that's that hard to connect for the money you paid for it that says a lot about the company selling it and how bad their developers and architects are. I can name dozens of devices for under $30 that connect seamlessly to WiFi and mobile devices. Sorry you had such a hard time.
So would you trust that sub $30 item to run $10,000+ of livestock and life support for 10 years?
I was frustrated at the setup myself but I/my laptop where at fault. Profilux are industrial grade PLC’s more or less. You are not going to walk into a factory and turn on a brand new PLC unit and just start manufacturing away. The way they operate is very simplistic because there are less likelihood for processing errors. Technology is advancing at crazy rates and this tech is Technically outdated. But, in return it is bomb proof stable and reliable, also easy to produce. New tech is made to just throw away and replace. There are PLC’s from the 90’s still running factory machines. Most setup issues are the end user doing something wrong. My issue was with my laptop USB port. After I found out that issue I’ve never had one since. I applaud the designers and engineers for the system, it’s been nothing but reliable for me and many others in my club. Connect app has been getting progressively better as well

MotoJJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve watched the videos so many times and I still don’t know what’s going on. It looks like it finally added a device but it still can’t connect. Hopefully Vinny can help me out sometime this week.
2DB5F662-8FB0-4403-8202-08B20928883B.jpeg
Same here. This is unreal. At one point I got a green connection, I suspect that it was having trouble connecting to the mesh, you can't even call GHL, they have 50% less integrations than Apex, but I can't get beyond step 1. Hate this thing. Wasted all of this money even adding their power strips, feel like I should try to sell it all on-line and salvage what I can and go to Apex

Attachments

• 20220225_102248.jpg
    20220225_102248.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 17

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back