Need help connecting new GHL profilux using GHL connect app

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. This is unreal. At one point I got a green connection, I suspect that it was having trouble connecting to the mesh, you can't even call GHL, they have 50% less integrations than Apex, but I can't get beyond step 1. Hate this thing. Wasted all of this money even adding their power strips, feel like I should try to sell it all on-line and salvage what I can and go to Apex
It’s the mesh network is your issue. The way those work it’s constantly going to try and jump back and forth between the two routers. It keeps losing its connection. You need just a simple cheap 1 channel non mesh 2g router or least amount of channels like the $40ish ones. Set a static IP connection to that router. Instructions to set the static IP are In the ghl manual.

MotoJJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the mesh network is your issue. The way those work it’s constantly going to try and jump back and forth between the two routers. It keeps losing its connection. You need just a simple cheap 1 channel non mesh 2g router or least amount of channels like the $40ish ones. Set a static IP connection to that router. Instructions to set the static IP are In the ghl manual.
Thanks, I have a cheap 2.4G router on order. See if that fixes the problem. Someone could make a business providing GHL support, as they have none

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YEP. I was planning on ordering the ion director and kh director until I received my wifi mini. Was literally the most frustrating single electronic set-up I have ever been unfortunate to experience. Not dropping that much money on a brand known for being that hard to set up. If they ever deliver the promised firmware update that delivers functionality that is very prominently missing from that device, I may reconsider.

MotoJJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YEP. I was planning on ordering the ion director and kh director until I received my wifi mini. Was literally the most frustrating single electronic set-up I have ever been unfortunate to experience. Not dropping that much money on a brand known for being that hard to set up. If they ever deliver the promised firmware update that delivers functionality that is very prominently missing from that device, I may reconsider.
Well, I got the connection to be a solid yellow and flashing green lights. But, not 100% functional yet. I guess this is progress

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck - hope you get it. It is pretty bad when this many people have setup issues with a given manufacturer's devices. I have since decided not to wait for GHL to fix the issues with connectivity on their devices. I wanted my GHL device to be what the fanboys said it was. BUt, in the end I was unwilling to further support them and buy the GHL ALK monitor given my experience with the setup I had with the WIFI Mini and the ridiculous lack of graphing (which to me at least seems to be a choice to specifically delete that feature because of the price tag - coding wise, it's a relatively simple matter to collect and archive those data to the web server at a user defined interval), so I found a place that had a Mastertronic in stock and that is now on the way.

I wish you luck with your setup.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back