Need help connecting to P4 wifi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give me a screen shot of the PH probe within the GCC Desktop app also.

Also on the GCC Desktop App can yo go up to the top and click View and enable Expert mode, when you take the screen shot :)

Below is what mine looks like right now:
PH_probe1.png

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PH should not be flipping out, confirm you have it plugged into which port on the back of the P4, and that it is securely plugged in. Also if you place it in the solution does it read right and only starts fluctuating when in the tank? Mine is plugged into the one above the Aux Port on my P4.

P4_Back.JPG

When you pulled the caps off the PH probe was there still water within them?
This Ph probe was actually in my tank since I originally set my p4 up. It seemed to always be consistent until I decided to redo my whole p4 thing and try to connect. at that point I just had two probes working well the temp and the ph. I never set the red0x up until recently (which I will reset now) because I lost the null plug that came in my box. I luckily have been acclimating the 50ms liquid to setup my salinity probe since last night. I will do that next after Redox. I just switched the ph probe to the port you mentioned. i had it in the other one which was redox/Ph.

Why would my redox last setup say I have level of 1000? it has stayed liked this since I set it up. I also was wondering if I was correct when its doing the whole countdown thing and the only thing plugged in is the null plug? seems weird it would work like that but I think I was doing it right.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the null plug to do the redox now? It is needed to do it and will not calibrate correctly.

Also if you plugged the PH into the other port like mine make sure you calibrate or again :)

The countdown freaked me out the first time even on the null plug I figure it running something in the background to make sure it knows what null is hehe.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the null plug to do the redox now? It is needed to do it and will not calibrate correctly.

Also if you plugged the PH into the other port like mine make sure you calibrate or again :)

The countdown freaked me out the first time even on the null plug I figure it running something in the background to make sure it knows what null is hehe.
I do have the null plug currently and will attempt to do that one next. I feel this time going through the PH it will be more successful. I am unsure if it is taking longer or what but it seems to be doing something differently. Lets hope this will fix my ph probe-lem :D

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wohoo! my ph is actually accurate now. It is still finalizing where it wants to be but it is not fluctuating like before. I guess the port I had it in was the problem. I also copied your settings pretty closely.. dont mind me

Captur7.PNG

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place your nominal value on to ph port to 8.1 Leave the hysteria at .20.

This means if you ever want to enable the alarm on the ph port the system would alarm if the tank was above 8.30 or below 7.9. :)

Hehe no problem ok let’s get the redox calibrated :)

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then Lets Calibrate the Redox
From the P4
- Press Any key on the P4, and use the arrow down button and highlight Sensor Setting and press the check mark
- Using the Arrow Key on the P4 highlight the Probe you wish to Calibrate and press the check mark mine was Redox 1
- Using the arrow keys scroll down the list and highlight Calibration and press the check mark
- The display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for to set the calibration Tolerance make sure it is <1> mine was one to begin with and press the check mark
- The display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for the first Tolerance level, I set mine to 220.00 using and press the check mark (it defaulted to this)(To adjust the value use the arrow keys to move left and right and up and down to change the value)
- Insert Null Plug
- Beep Sound
- This display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for the asking you to put the probe now in the 220.00 solution and press the check mark
- Beep Sound
- This display updates on the P4 and is now asking you Save now press the left arrow key to highlight Yes (Box will show around it) and press the check mark.

Below is a sample of mine when I did the config initially.
ORP_Adjusted.jpg
So I am confused here. I start off with the probe not attached correct? I connect the null plug at first then when it beeps and says to put the probe in the liquid, is the probe connected to the profilux now? or is it still unconnected and then i connect it after it beeps? Sorry just is not making sense to me that I do not connect the probe....

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you would remove the null plug and install/connect the probe and place in the solution.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you would remove the null plug and install/connect the probe and place in the solution.
Knew that sounded a lot better... and explains why I had a redox of 1000.. it was the max it goes I assume. This is all coming together and I cannot be more grateful.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I have set up the redox now! .. What even is it? I can see we have a large difference and I am assuming it is either the oxygen in the air? or the water? Next and finally is salinity! Then we can try to figure out all the other fun stuff from there.. like maybe fixing the dang touch settings on my profilux touch :p

Capture8.PNG

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so now I assume I have everything hooked up right... can you tell me whats wrong with my salinity? Whats the best way to be able to understand these levels as I have learned 1.026 and stuff? I understand theres some sort of conversion but I am confused.. Unless U have a really high salinity or I have a really low one... whats going on? Am I just really low? I thought I was low before and that sorta of started this whole lets start to get the p4 going correctly mentality. Its still stabilizing but we seem to have a large variation.

Capture9.PNG

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the reading going up? When you first put it in it will read low and and adjust to the tank mine took about a day. And on my second tank about 1 hour.

The conversion chart :)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0327/9765/files/SalinityConversion.pdf

Mine reads between 52-53. Do not forget you can change the way it is displayed by clicking on the display drop down value lower value on the right hand column and choose kg/l :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the reading going up? When you first put it in it will read low and and adjust to the tank mine took about a day.

The conversion chart :)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0327/9765/files/SalinityConversion.pdf

Mine reads between 52-53. Do not forget you can change the way it is displayed by clicking on the display drop down value lower value on the right hand column and choose kg/l :)
Wait is kg/l the same salinity thing on my refractometer? Or do I have to convert from there as well. The link you posted makes a lot of sense and I will save it for sure. I am currently sitting at around 1.014 and thats pretty far from what I expected. perhaps it will level itself out.. I also just topped off with ro/di so that could be playing a factor. I will continue to monitor it. I also went back to your post and made sure to turn on measurement recording every 15 minutes on my probes.
What do you recommend I go about doing next? I can list my equipment but currently the only thing I think I can really utilize is plugging my heater into the powerbar and monitoring how its working. I may need to visit some threads of yours to figure out what you use your profilux for.. I saw lots of sensors and whatnot in your settings!

Maybe I should go about setting up email notifications next.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain what the difference in what the client means and what the accesspoint means? I am confused. I just tried to search for the profilux by disconnecting it from usb connection and then trying to connect after typing in the ip address into the admin connection thing. Asked if I wanted to change settings. I then hit the configuration button and it brought me to the ip in a browser and I managed to admin and pass in but then nothing loaded. Whats the reasoning behind being unable to connect via wifi no within the browser but within the gcc pc app? I hope I am making sense.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thread explains a lot on setting up different options and features :) with the steps.

So for your probe 15 mins is what I use i one tank and another 10 minutes. Both work great.

About your touch, below on my thread about 1/2 down I show how I configured mine.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switching-controllers.316106/page-4

Yes the screen shots are on my tank where the sump is in the basement and I have probes in both :)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain what the difference in what the client means and what the accesspoint means? I am confused. I just tried to search for the profilux by disconnecting it from usb connection and then trying to connect after typing in the ip address into the admin connection thing. Asked if I wanted to change settings. I then hit the configuration button and it brought me to the ip in a browser and I managed to admin and pass in but then nothing loaded. Whats the reasoning behind being unable to connect via wifi no within the browser but within the gcc pc app? I hope I am making sense.

Client access is to allow the device to connect to wireless network for a client to connect with. The unit while in client mode acts just like your phone :)

Accesspoint is you are going to connect to the device which is it own wireless network or host. I never use this, but for people who do not have wireless in there homes or want the ability to connect to the device itself without using a exiting wireless network. The device itself is now a wireless node like a hotspot. I would leave it off :)

The gcc app allows you to monitor and config the device from your phone or tablet. I use the app when off network to monitor my tank and even made adjustments with it :)

F63879FA-2702-400C-B5B8-FEC3CA2BE10F.png

Are you saying when you connect to the P4 at 192.168.1.98 you get a blank screen?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Client access is to allow the device to connect to wireless network for a client to connect with. The unit while in client mode acts just like your phone :)

Accesspoint is you are going to connect to the device which is it own wireless network or host. I never use this, but for people who do not have wireless in there homes or want the ability to connect to the device itself without using a exiting wireless network. The device itself is now a wireless mode like a hotspot. I would leave it off :)

The gcc app allows you to monitor and config the device from your phone or tablet. I use the app when off network to monitor my tank.

F63879FA-2702-400C-B5B8-FEC3CA2BE10F.png

Are you saying when you connect to the P4 at 192.168.1.98 you get a blank screen?
This is what I see.. nothing else happens it either stops loading goes blank. Is this cause access point is off?

Capture10.PNG

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the access point should not matter if it is on or off for this to work. I would send a message to GHL support on that one, as I am not sure why it would not come up.
@Vinny@GHLUSA and @Marco@GHLUSA may be able to help troubleshoot that.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.0%
Back