Need help deciding which powerhead to go with.

The deepwaterhorizon reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2024
Messages
260
Reaction score
153
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a water box marine x 110.4 on the way and I want to keep an sps-dominant reef. I don’t know which power head to go with. Two mp40s sound good but I’m still undecided. Should I be looking for gyre flow or turbulent flow? Or both? Also can I put them on the back wall where they will be less visible or do they need to be on the side walls? I presume they need to be on the side walls but I figured it was worth asking. Thanks
 
I have a 125G Mixed.....and I did have the XF350'?...too much flow...... I know have the Hyggers 3400gph heads. Super quiet. against side walls.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new