Need help - Dosing Phosphat-E using doser

stlamarc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi group,

I've been dosing Brightwell Phosphat-E for a couple of weeks manually, but I would like to know if it's possible to dose this product using a doser and automate the process. The instruction on the bottle specifies the product needs to be added using a 5-10 micron filter socks. So I've been adding a 10 micron filter sock and manually adding Phosphat-E through that and then swapping to the regular filter sock once done. I can't leave the 10 micron filter sock since it will clog very rapidely.

I'm wondering how people dose that product in general and how to automate it so I can keep the phosphate levels a bit more consistent.

Also wondering how important it is to dose that product through a 5-10 micron filter sock. That's the painful part for me.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
stlamarc

stlamarc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've contacted Brightwell support directly and I've got all my questions answered. I'll just leave a few details here in case it helps anyone else in the hobby. The instructions are not super clear on the bottle itself when it comes to dosing the product.

The bottle indicates (in BOLD) to dose the product through a 5-10 micron filter sock. This is ideal, but those socks will clog up really fast and not ideal for long term use of the product. Brightwell Aquatics recommends dosing upstream from regular filter socks/filtration. Like at the surface skimmer intake for example, so the product can have time to do it's job before reaching the filtration. But it can be dosed right before the filter socks as well in the sump.

Dose slowly the amount needed daily over the course of 24 hours using a doser if possible.

CAUTION: If you have yellow tangs/Scopa tangs, pay attention to their health as high dose of phosphat-E can restrict the breathing ability. Make sure to keep an eye on your tangs to see if they are breathing normally. Rapid breathing would indicate they are under stress and could be linked to the dosing of Phosphat-E.

Hope this helps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back