Need Help Feeding Juvenile Caribbean Blue Tang

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just recently got a Juvenile Caribbean Tang, however, all he eats is mysis, brine and krill. He refuses to eat green or red algae that I have both put on a clip and rubber banded to a rock. I even tried soaking the sheets in garlic prior. I know how important this is for their overall health though. Any suggestions on how to get him to eat the algae sheets/nori? Thank you

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he in the DT or QT? If there is any algae availabe, he may be grazing when you're not around. If he's eating, that's a good thing. I would just keep offering the nori until he gets a taste for it. There are also frozen omnivore foods you could try.

OP
OP
B

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he in the DT or QT? If there is any algae availabe, he may be grazing when you're not around. If he's eating, that's a good thing. I would just keep offering the nori until he gets a taste for it. There are also frozen omnivore foods you could try.
He's in the DT. I see him pecking at the rocks quite often, but I do not have a lot of algae in my tank so I know it will run out. Okay, I will keep the nori available to him daily, thanks for the advice.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back