OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I am scared is I had same issue with a Scopas and it never came out when feeding it because it was scared of me

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your fish is new, it's not expected to eat the first day. The best thing to do is to leave it alone. However, my question is are you quarantining it or not, and if so, how. A picture of the fish would be interesting!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I am scared is I had same issue with a Scopas and it never came out when feeding it because it was scared of me

Can you post a video of the fish under white lights?

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi I have got a juvenile orange shoulder tang it is not eating I only got him today but when I put food in he hides and runs away from me how will I get him used to me had the same issue with a Scopas who died
Are your lights by chance bright?
What foods are you offering and how was fish acclimated and for how long?
Try stepping back during feeding and please post as requested a you tube video of at least 25 seconds

Are your lights by chance bright?
What foods are you offering and how was fish acclimated and for how long?

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He ate today but I had to put a whole cube of food in a little 10 gallon for him to eat he is getting abit better with me know but when I open the tank to feed he runs away but comes out quicker when he sees food he eats like a pig

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orange shoulder tang is not that scared of me anymore only when I open the tank he is only the size of a 5 to 10 p

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The orange shoulder tang is not that scared of me anymore only when I open the tank he is only the size of a 5 to 10 p
I don't think anything you' ve talked about suggests an illness. Will leave the QT decision to you - I didn't realize it was so small

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read through several of the OPs previous threads... and I can't help but think they are a troll at worst, or at best they are someone who is young and refuses to take advice, and do proper research on their own.

Post a couple pics of the 200 you keep mentioning. Or is it the 5' 100 that you said you had in another post? Too many inconsistencies, and you ignore questions meant to help you. I'm sorry to be negative but it smacks of trolling to me.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've read through several of the OPs previous threads... and I can't help but think they are a troll at worst, or at best they are someone who is young and refuses to take advice, and do proper research on their own.

Post a couple pics of the 200 you keep mentioning. Or is it the 5' 100 that you said you had in another post? Too many inconsistencies, and you ignore questions meant to help you. I'm sorry to be negative but it smacks of trolling to me.
Either way - it's 'our' job to answer questions - not try to potentially label someone. If he (or she) chooses not to follow the advice, thats their business (IMHO). I do agree that many people keep repeating questions until they get an answer they want. I'm not saying that is happening here.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way - it's 'our' job to answer questions - not try to potentially label someone. If he (or she) chooses not to follow the advice, thats their business (IMHO). I do agree that many people keep repeating questions until they get an answer they want. I'm not saying that is happening here.
I hear you and I'm sorry to have said anything. It's just frustrating seeing people put you, and the others, through a runaround when they either don't listen, or don't provide you with the information you're requesting. Even worse, when they are being intentionally misleading. At any rate I'll just ignore these types of threads from now on. Thank you for the help you're providing everyone here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back