Need help for pump

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Building a saltwater starion im
Planning to put in my basement. Need a pump able to send the new saltwater up to the tank upstairs. Im no plumping expert so planning to run a hose all the way up for water changes. Need a pump that can send the water 30 ft horizontally and then 12 feet up to the upper level. Any recommendations? (Im on a budget)

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Wel depending on your budget. You can also buy some cheaper 500GPH ones from Amazon and just connect them all together using a Y pipe to a single pipe upwards

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a pump rated for high pressure, like iwaki or pan world. If that’s not in the budget at least get a way oversized mag drive pump. Imo any other pump may work fine for a while, but you’ll be replacing it in short order when the gph falls off, especially with a dc pump. Don’t get me wrong. I love dc pumps, they just don’t hold up to high head for long

Gundy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The problem I see is that you’re needing a pump to pump a lot of distance horizontally and 12 feet vertically. You will need a very powerful pump. Going 30 feet horizontally will surprise you on how much head pressure you will lose, let a lone 12 vertically. The other problem is that buying a cheep pump required to to push that much water those distances will probably not last long- or not be able to do the job.

Do some more research and purchase a good quality pump that will last you years and years. Iwaki and Panworld are very popular pumps and good quality but make sure you get the right sized pump. No sense buying a pump twice.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back